Weaning & Weight Gain

Twag

Mummy to Elliot & Izzy <3
Reaction score
So since January I have been slowly weaning my 2 year old so now she only feeds for a short amount of time once a day before bed :sad:

I lost all my pregnancy weight and more whilst breastfeeding but I have noticed that weight is creeping up and my stomach is so bloated and uncomfortable

I have never been one to eat more because I was pregnant or breastfeeding - I do not snack on crisps, chocolate or cake

General food intake for a typical day for me is:

Breakfast - gluten free Eat Natural Bar

Lunch - sandwich (gluten free bread)

Afternoon - portion of grapes, apple, banana & yogurt

Dinner - chicken/fish with either Veg or Salad

Could this be down to hormones? will this stop and stabilise? Has anyone else experienced this? :nope::cry:

I do have a good friend who this happened to. She had four kids and would lose a ton of weight while nursing (almost to the point where she was underweight) and then put on a few healthy pounds as soon as she weaned. It makes sense since nursing burns extra calories.

However, nursing has the opposite effect on me. I keep about 10lbs on while nursing and then it falls off as soon as I'm dried up.

Putting weight back on happened to me too, however sudden onset of bloating and abdominal discomfort should be investigated to rule out anything serious like ovarian cancer (very unlikely especially as you have breastfed but still worth ruling out as the symptoms are so vague).

Your body is probably just going back to it's normal size/weight. I know quite a few women who were way smaller than pre-pregnancy while breastfeeding and then rebounded back to their normal size once they weaned.

I have the opposite problem, no matter what I do I can't get rid of this 10 lbs that's hanging around on my waist and thighs, I imagine it will go away once baby weans.

that is the thing I was back to my normal weight I wasn't thinner and now back to normal :wacko: which is why it is so weird!

diet & more exercise it is :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"