Wedding champagne during TTC?

fairycat

Reaction score
My wedding is coming up in less than 2 weeks! The OH and I have decided to try for a baby this month. My O time falls a few days before the wedding next week. Would I be ok to drink the champagne? Or should I stay away completely? I'm not a drinker, so if anything I would drink *a* glass - 2 at the most. It would be before implantation - I just don't know what the effect would be, if anything?

Also, even though we aren't keeping it a "secret", I really don't want 20 people coming up to me asking if I'm pregnant because I'm not drinking the champagne.

I would 100% drink it, actually, I'd probably drink the entire bottle as it was my wedding day but that's just me.

Realistically, a glass or two will really do no harm at all, even if you were to catch the egg probably wouldn't have even implanted.

Enjoy, its your wedding day!

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to do any harm, as I would feel bad if I did - especially being the first time trying. I can't dance for the life of me, so that 2nd glass might be in order. lol The egg wouldn't have implanted yet, that's why I was wondering. I'm new and clueless to this whole thing - health class was way too long ago.

I also think you should be okay to drink (and understand not wanting the questions too) - it'll be before implantation so you should be fine. Hope the wedding goes well :)

Thanks!! I appreciate the replies :) Makes me feel better.

100% drink the champagne and enjoy!!! Even if it was after implantation, you're more than fine! When I was pregnant I had a glass of wine about once a month and my baby is amazing, smart and extra gorgeous because of that little bit of red wine I swear ;) But especially that early... you have no worries at all!

As long as you don't over drinking, you will be fine! Don't worry!

From what I have read you are totally safe to drink before a missed period because the baby is not even sharing anything from you at that time- I think they are getting the nutrients from the yolk sac or something (I can't remember exactly-I just remember it's safe to drink) So unless you are getting a positive pregnancy test you are perfectly fine to drink whatever you want! ANd congrats!!!

Many people who get pregnant are drinking and doing worse things before they conceive. I am of the belief that most things do not interfere with conception. That's just my opinion though.

Thanks everyone!

I've read things from both points of view, but I'm also in the thinking that it probably won't hurt anything. I'm not a drinker, so it's not like I'll drink all throughout the first month. But I have read a glass of wine here and there does not hurt anything during the pregnancy.

A glass or two before implantation will not hurt anything, congrats on the upcoming wedding!.

I know this is a controversial issue, but although there's "no safe amount" of alcohol during pregnancy, you're pretty safe before the placenta forms because the direct blood exchange between mother and baby doesn't really get going until then. Does some exchange happen before then? Yes. Enough to pass on a damaging amount of alcohol from 2 glasses of champagne? Very unlikely. Enjoy your wedding!

I agree, drink the champagne. Have a great wedding! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->