Wedding Costs...

KX

Reaction score
How much did you all spend on the big day?

Dale and I are looking at getting married early next year cheaply-it sounds mad but I did want the big affair but we simply will NEVER be able to afford it, unless we wait til the kids are 18!:rofl:

One of my friends went away and done it at Gretna and came back and had a party, inviting people to that, believe me that sounds more appealing by the day!

xxx

i know jeans gettin married in gretna soon, u cud ask her an shell let u no cost :D

Mum having registry office do in october ...

then a HUGE party!!

xxx

mine started off as a cheap do, now its up to just over £5,000!! :dohh:

Its all the little added extras.

Registry office and big party sounds good, don't have to have a meal just have a late wedding about 4 then start your evening party about 6.30!!

Jobs a good un!! :happydance:

Ours was about £14k, but that included the honeymoon. I would say the day itself cost about 10k, but as Yvonne said, it's the little things that add up.

We spent £50 on balloons, £70 on wedding favours, £100 on flowers for the mums, £80 on disposable cameras for the tables, £60 on personalised menus, etc, etc. None of these were necessary, so could easily have been dropped.

Mine was cheap!!
We got married at the reg office, £60
We had meal an reception at hotel including food and disco £900
My dress accesories and boys suits £300
2 Dresses for neices £40
Decorations for tables £20 of internet
I think thats it, cost under £2000 anyway, not bad if u ask me!!!

And may i add was the best wedding ive ever been too lol!!!
x

lol, I can beat that, we paid less than £1000

£100 for register office, about £200 on clothes, £300 for meal and hotel, would've been £70 for limo but that kinda didn't happen (problems with limo company, sent us a letter the day before our wedding telling us that the limo was broke) and I think that was about it. WE did it so quietly because of medical issues though... I made my bouquet, and about £150 on stag and hen nights

I made 50 invitations, that I didn't end up sending out, all ready for the inserts to be printed and put in, lol, ah well, nevermind

Kx i'd do your invites :D

Look at a flower market to get your flowers and make them, dress ... look in the sale get a big size so it can be altered, (mum got her wedding dress brand new off E-bay tis GORGEOUS!)

xxx

Mine was about 5k. But it could have been a bit cheaper, but my Mum got involved and I fell in love with a 750 quid dress.
We had a church wedding, followed by a sit down buffet meal, then a BBQ and a VERY cheesy disco.
We roped in friends........
Invites......my friend made them
Cakes....my Aunty made them
Car .......My uncle drove us
BBQ........a friend is a butcher
Bar...........A mate of a mate did it for nothing, just what he made from the booze
Disco.........A mate of my Dads (for a bottle of scotch!)

We decorated the local village hall that cost us £100 for the whole weekend.

Do you know........I wouldnt have changed any of it. It was perfect....even more so as lots of friends and family were involved.

I know someone who got married at Gretna, and she had a fab time!

Hope you find some nice ideas K.

Mine cost about £11K .. but the room hire for the day was £2K and my dress was £1K so that was a massive chunk. That didnt even include the honeymoon either!!!!

Ours cost around £500-600 in total. We bought rings, my dress, paid the registrar and the meal for 11 of us afterwards with that.

My first wedding cost thousands probably around the £10k mark but that was more traditional with a proper wedding dress, invites, disco, etc.

I'd go small and BIG partyyyyyyy

BabyandBump invites? HUH *nudge* :rofl:

Ours cost about 1500, i got my dress from oxfam for 25 quid! my bridesmaid had her own dress which was ideal. church wedding. a friend did the photos he waa a retired photographer and gave them to us as a wedding pressie, we had a reception at a local pubs function room for 40 people with sit down meal, no evening disco as we both hate them! and by 4pm i was knackered anyway!
Sorry if i offend any one but i really cannot see the point of spending 14k on one day... what do you have to show for it.. just photos and a ring.
my parents gave us the option of a big wedding or something that we could use ..so we went with the using option and they bought us a small boat that we could use.. we had our honeymoon on the boat,

We wanted a big day, not particularly expensive, we could've done things how we originally wanted for not a great deal more, just for health reasons we didn't....though contemplated what we'd do if my health changed, if we'd have the day we wanted by renewing our vows....but in the same respect, half the people would turn up just for a free meal... anyway, the trick to keeping costs down is shop around, don't be sold into things that you don't want, and do whatever you can yourself, - easier said than done

Yeah count me in. I love a good wedding! :cry:

Right well we're thinking June next year, pleanty notice for you's ladies. Kids welcome ofcourse!:hugs:

My wedding cost about £600 including hair, car, flowers, etc. However it did cost us about £3000 to get there :rofl:. We got married in Aruba in the Caribbean - just the 2 of us and it was perfect. My mum made me have a small party when we got back which we did at her house.

My sister, however is getting wed next May and although she going for the big church wedding, she is still trying to do it fairly cheaply. She has conned so many friends and family into doing something for the wedding - I'm doing the invites, a friend is lending them cars (the bridesmaids are going in a campervan:wacko:), and another friend is the photographer.

I think you have to do the wedding you want to have.

Sinead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->