Wedding diet

superbecks

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have been reading through some journals and threads on here and some of you are doing amazing on your diets, im so envious :thumbup:

I'm getting married in August this year and hoping to lose some serious weight, around 4 stone. Is this doable? I'm a size 18 at the minute and would love even just to be in a 14. I will not be getting married if i am still this size now, I feel horrible. I have done slimming world before and lost 2 stone in about 2 1/2 months. I can't decide whether to do this or 1200 cals a day? Any advice?? I also know I need to up my exercise. Any tips and I would be so grateful, i have to do this this time x

1200 wont be enough if your a size 18, more 1400-1500.

Try myfitnesspal

4st is do-able, i was tight 18 last jan, im now comfy 14, 5st down, i never went straight into 1200 cals, you need to fuel your body (even more so when your heavier) to loose the weight correctly & keep it off

good luck.

Thankyou!! I hope I can do the same too. Did you start off with 1500 then? For me to go to 1200 wouldn't be a great shock, I don't really eat that much some days. Today I have had a ham and mustard sarnie and that's it. I know I need to eat 3 meals though.

The DR thinks my weight gain is a lot to do with being on the depo. I have just swapped to the mini pill. I have put 3 1/2 stone on in the last 2 years but haven't changed my eating habits so hope this may help too.

Thankyou!! I hope I can do the same too. Did you start off with 1500 then? For me to go to 1200 wouldn't be a great shock, I don't really eat that much some days. Today I have had a ham and mustard sarnie and that's it. I know I need to eat 3 meals though.

The DR thinks my weight gain is a lot to do with being on the depo. I have just swapped to the mini pill. I have put 3 1/2 stone on in the last 2 years but haven't changed my eating habits so hope this may help too.

Ohh nasty, i gained over a stone on implant, im back on pill now but was on mini pill, it never affected my weight so fingers crossed for you.

If your not eating 1200 cals, its common thing, your body could just be storing every bit of food it gets also causing your weight gain. Could you manage eating 6 meals a day at around 200-250 cals, keep your body clock really healthy & ticking great for loosong.

I started off at around 1800-1600.

I was on the depo and put on loads of weight on it and found it really hard to lose. I tryed the dukan diet befor xmas only for a few days and i lost 5lbs in 4 days iam starting it agane today yes you lose it fast but you have to go on to 3 diff stages so the weight stays off.

I wish I had known just how much weight I would have put on!! I'm willing to work hard to lose it though, I will be postponing the wedding if I don't lose a good amount of weight and I don't want to do that!!

Mummytoamber, thanks for your tips. I probably wouldn't be able to eat 6 meals a day. I work 13 hour shifts in hospital and only get 2 breaks in that time, I do nights too which messes up my eating. I'm gonna aim for 3 meals a day (I don't normally eat breakfast) and if i'm hungry in between have fruit or low fat yoghurt. oh and drink plenty of water x

for me getting married was THE best motivator to lose weight.

i lost about two stone in 5 months, and what i did was cut my portions, check the fat AND sugar content of food, and exercise atleast 2/3 times in a week.
(i was in a full time job, so if you're not then you might need to increase exercise).

And oh yeh you must eat more during the day, as like someone said the less you eat the more you're body goes into survival mode and holds on to fat storage.

for me getting married was THE best motivator to lose weight.

i lost about two stone in 5 months, and what i did was cut my portions, check the fat AND sugar content of food, and exercise atleast 2/3 times in a week.
(i was in a full time job, so if you're not then you might need to increase exercise).

And oh yeh you must eat more during the day, as like someone said the less you eat the more you're body goes into survival mode and holds on to fat storage.

I'm hoping my wedding will be my motivation too. Got a gorgeous dress waiting for me. I know I need to eat more, it's hard some days. I'm working 13 hour shifts at the min, a lot of nights which messes up my eating. I'm going for three balanced meals a day x

13 hours is a long time, are you on your feet a lot?

honestly, i'm hoping if you do start exercising you'll get a buzz out of it which will keep you going.

have you joined gym? or walking etc? (i need to start doing this too).

I'm working on a postnatal ward at the minute so it is on my feet a lot. I'm training to be a midwife and have 2 kids so i really dont have time to join the gym, wish i could though. Because i'm on placement I only do 3 shifts a week so i'm walking the other days and doing as much as i can. And other stuff like instead of just sitting watching tv on a night, ironing at the same time x

oh gosh, you're a very busy mummy!

have you looked carefully at your diet? what kind of stuff are you eating? (ok i realise i am asking a lot of questions, sorry!).

That's ok!!

I am having 3 meals. I'm having 2 slices wholemeal toast for breakfast with a bit of butter.....spread on and scraped back off (dont like milk or cereal.)

Yesterday I had a pitta with grilled chicken for lunch and then jacket potato with beans no butter for tea. Also had a cereal bar, apple and banana. I don't think this is too bad??

I wont be having takeaways, crips, choc, full fat pop etc x

that sounds good to me!!

i am wondering, do you have a skipping rope at home? something to do when you get a spare 10/15 mins?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->