Wedding dress help!

Samstah33

Reaction score
I'm new to this lol!! just got engaged a week ago. so I obviously can't buy a dress outright and I dont want to put it on credit. so do bridal shops have you put a deposit down and pay the rest little by little ? help

I paid 50% deposit, then paid the balance in full when my dress arrived from the designer 9 months later x

congratulations on your engagement!

Like Boofs my dress was also designer and asked for a 50% deposit but if I paid it in full then I got an extra 10% off so my mum paid it on her credit card bless her...

Most bridal shops let you pay in instalments with a deposit of some percentage...but definitely ask to see if a complete payment gets discount as 10% off my £1525 dress was still a good amount off and worth the putting onto a credit card...

hi congrats!!

Dress shops are all different. For instance bigger bridal shops will ask for 50% deposit and pay the full balance before you take it home, me on the other hand...I put £50 deposit down and she is keeping it for me in her shop untill I need to take it in a months time. My Dad has only paid half of it off though as of yet, so can't take it untill he pays the rest off.

Congrats! and calm! :) most do let you pay in installments. But they do normally require a deposit. x

Where I went I could put as low as $20 down on the dress as a "deposit". Their only stipulation was that once the dress came in they required the full amount. But you could pay however much/little you wanted to pay during that timeframe! Most dresses take about 6 months or so to come in anyways.

...except for mine. It was freakishly there within 2.5 months. :shock: But because it didn't take as long to get it they were willing to give me an extension on paying the remaining balance if I wanted it. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->