Wedding Planner?!?

LovingMyLife

Reaction score
Good Morning Ladies :flower:

So I am getting married June 16th. We are going to be getting married where are families live, which is about 4 hours away from us. We have booked our venue, but that's it so far.

Do you think a wedding planner is worth it? I think it will save us a lot of stress and traveling...but I think it will be really expensive to pay for a planner :wacko:

Does anyone have experience with planners? Pros and Cons?!?

No experience with them but I would probably say its an expense which isn't really needed and planning a wedding is kind of fun :haha:

First of all - you are getting married the same day as me :happydance:

I am not sure it would be worth the expense tbh but then again I don't know how much they cost lol! I have to say, I have thoroughly enjoyed planning our wedding and I am looking forward to seeing all the hard work come together on the day. Just because your venue is 4 hours away doesn't mean you have to travel there to plan either, our venue is just over an hour away and we booked it 18 months ago. I have probably been there about 6 times since but only 2 of those visits have been necessary - the first was to book and pay our deposit and the second was to meet with the venue dresser but thats only because we are having the venue do all the dressing for us. The other 4 visits were just to wedding fayres and open days and I was just being nosey really :winkwink:

I have bought my dress and the BM's dresses in Leeds (where I live now), we have chosen the suits from Moss which is a nationwide retailer, I have booked my photographer and wedding singer online (both recommended to me) and so far the only correspondence I have had with them are phone/email. I plan to meet them 6 weeks before the wedding. The registrar we booked on the phone, the rings we bought in Leeds. Sorry to bore you - I am just trying to show you that you can do a lot of things from the comfort of your own home lol.

Out of interest (yes I really am nosey), if you do decide to use a wedding planner, will you let me know how much it costs??

x

I have to say I totally agree with thes other ladies, wedding planner is a wasted cost and its so much more fun to plan it all yourself. THe internet is a huge help these days and you can do so much research online. i planned my wedding all myself and also word of mouth on other peoples experiences help a great deal. its such an amazing journey and one you should enjoy doing yourself and then looking at the success you have made when it all comes together. set yourself a budget and research its well worth it babe.

good luck xo

Thanks Lady!

I have looked into it and I agree with you. I think it will be a waste of money. I think it will be much more satisfying planning it ourselves. Plus we have a large family to lean on and help us if we need it.

Leash27, That's exciting that we are getting married on the same day! :happydance:With regards to cost, the couple of planners we looked at said it would be about 10% of the total cost of our wedding :dohh: I think we will save that money and use it for our honeymoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->