Wee bird arrived! 13/11/11

jenny82

Reaction score
I figured it was about time I did my birth story as I don't want to forget it and this is as good a place as any to get it down :)

Was getting very impatient in week 39 as I had expected LO to arrive a bit early like her brother, but she was quite comfy in there!

At 39+6, I got my mum to look after LO and OH & I had a last night out. We went to the cinema and for a mexican. Its crazy now I think I did this but I was so convinced now that LO would be late, that I didn't care about the uncomfortable cinema seats!

During that night, OH & I couldn't sleep with funny tummys from the mexican food. I tossed and turned and then, 6am bang on due date, my labour started with a little of my waters leaking.

My last labour was quick enough, so I prepared myself for it again. I phoned the hospital and contractions started at 7-7.30am. I went downstairs so OH could sleep and watched Graham Norton, ate toast and drank tea whilst having contractions 8mins apart :haha:

By about 9am, they were getting very strong so I shouted up for OH and got him to come sit with me through them. By 10am, I realised it was about time to leave. Contractions were still quite erratic - 4 mins, 5 mins, 8 mins, 5 mins etc but they were getting very strong and painful! So off we went to the hospital...

Luckily it was a Sunday morning so the place was really quiet. I got seen straight away and as I got up on the bed, my waters started leaking properly and I had my show (hadn't had it before then). Upon examination, the MW saw that I was 8cm - exactly like the last time :wacko: She then phoned up and got them to prepare the pool for us coming - think by this stage it was just after 11am!

They were trying to make me take a wheelchair up to the delivery suite but there ain't no way that was happening. So I managed a (very) slow walk up there! I got into the pool at 11.30am when it was half-filled as I needed it asap. I could feel pushing so I knew that it wouldn't be long. The pain was incredibly intense but somehow I was able to remain quite calm. I was offered G&A but only took it very sporadically (my last birth was so hazy because I was chowing down on so much G&A and I wanted to remain in control this time).

I told MW that baby was pushing, so she told me just to trust myself and if I wanted to push, push! I kept wondering 'why is she not helping me and leaving me to do this on my own?!?'. During the last few contractions, I was able to feel her head and her hair - it was amazing :) A few times between contractions, I held her there, but then my concentration slipped and she moved back up which was really frustrating, so I had to keep focus. But kept going and within 4/5 very very painful contractions, she was out! I didn't scream so much but was doing yoga breathing and doing 'aaaah' noises - by the end, I was practically singing her out. It must've have sounded so weird to anyone outside that room! She was born at 12.07pm :D

The after-birth was fantastic. I was able to lift her out myself and pull her to my chest and we lay there for quite some time. OH cut her cord and after a bit, I moved onto the bed to deliver the placenta. We were then able to sit there all day. Our hospital have moved to a more MW-led approach, so we were discharged that evening, didn't see anyone bar the one MW and a lady who kept bringing us tea, food and water :) It was so relaxing for all 3 of us.

I will never forget this birth. I have never felt as in control of something like I did this. And she was worth every last bit of agony! Shes doing really well. We had a rough few days where she wasn't feeding right and lost a lot of weight but its improving now. Her big brother loves her to bits and if anything, I have more love for him now that I have her, which is so strange! So there you go... little baby Clodagh :D

:cloud9: well done again. shes absolutely adorable!

That's a beautiful birth story :hugs: Clodagh is absolutely gorgeous, and what a lovely name! Many congratulations to you, DH and your wee dude :hugs:

thank you! we only decided on here name last night, and ended up using the name i wanted all along anyway (even before wee man was born) :wacko:

can't beleive its a week already. we would've been at the hospital at this time! OH & I actually thanked the MW for our lovely day as we were leaving haha!

massive congratulations sweetheart, well done you! she is beautiful xx

Congratulations, she is gorgeous! Love her name too! x

Congrats, she is beautiful, glad you had a great birth experience too! :) x

congratulations. Clodagh is beautiful xxx

Congrats Hun, she's so cute bless her xx

Congratulations! :hugs::hugs:

The birth story sounds fabulous - so perfect! I also felt so much more in control with my second :D
She is absolutely beautiful and has a beautiful name to match! xxx

Thanks everyone! My wee man is 2 today as well. Very emotional few weeks :blush:

Congratulations and well done :hugs: it sounds like you did brilliantly, so glad you had such a good birth experience :D She is beautiful :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->