Week late for period after miscarriage. //negative tests.

littlepicklex

Reaction score
A few months ago, i took two cheap pregnancy tests that came out negative, i then took a third clear blue test which told me i was, infact, pregnant. But, when it came to my 12 week scan, there was nothing there. The doctor diagnosed it as an early miscarriage and so, i waited until my next period before we started trying again. My last period started May 12th and, obviously now i'm a week and a day late for my next one. I have so far, taken three tests, some might've been too early but, all of which have, again been cheap and come out negative. I feel like pregnancy tests don't work for me, at least the cheap ones and i don't trust the more expensive ones either.
So, i have several questions.

How long do i wait to go to the doctor?
and will a blood test be right?
Even though i feel i have symptoms, could it just be wishful thinking?
Does a miscarriage (no bleeding) mean that my cycle is messed up and it's possible that although i used to be perfectly regular and on time, i now could be over a week late?

I would go see your dr and get a blood test, if you are pregnant is should be showing up by now if your over a week late.

When i had my chemical pregnancy my body skipped a cycle so instead of bleeding when AF should have came i didnt bleed until my next one was due (10 weeks in total from first AF-miscarriage-next AF with bleeding)

I have symptoms sometimes but thats just in my mind, but yours could be genuine, good luck!

Thanks very much for replying. Usually, i wouldn't be as confused and worried about things but, it's been such a horrible experience almost from day one. It's all i can think about, which i know, is awful and i do try my best not to get myself excited. I keep saying i'll wait to see if i have a period next month but, i really don't think i can wait that long and keep getting my hopes up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->