• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Weeks into months?

katieandbump

Reaction score
I tend to tell people how far along i am in months as oposed to weeks as i don't think weeks sounds very far in pregnany compared to months and ppl understand it more.....

I was googling how many months i am now and came across this
https://www.babycenter.com/400_im-16-weeks-pregnant-how-many-months-is-that_2095510_164734722894.bc
Is it correct, cos this below would mean soon i'm going to be 6 months? is that right would i be wrong saying i'm 6 monts pregnant in 2 weeks when i'm 22 weeks.
" Month 1 = Weeks 1-4 Month 2 = Weeks 5-8 Month 3 = Weeks 9-13 Month 4 = Weeks 14-17 Month 5 = Weeks 18-21 Month 6 = Weeks 22-26 Month 7 = Weeks 27-30 Month 8 = Weeks 31-35 Month 9 = Weeks 36-40 "

Scaaaary i thought i was only like 4 months pregnant not nearly six, saying that i'm due in march which would leabe 4 months left 6+4 is 10 pregnancy is 9 argghh scrambled egg head lol. I wish i hadn't started this now..??

So if its that i'm going to be in the 6 month then can i say 6 months? sorry if i've confused anyone lol xxxx

I'm confused! :huh: Mind you, it doesn't take a lot!!! :dohh:

I've been wondering this for a while. I've stuck to weeks as to me it made more sense with appointments etc...BUT...I'd like to know exactly how to work it out.

At 12 weeks I told people I was three months and at 16 weeks I told people I was four months, now I'm 23 weeks and haven't a clue :huh:idiot!!!!

Pregnancy is officially 10 months. That's almost a year, dammit!

At 24 weeks i say I'm 6 months. When I get to 26, I'll be 6.5 months, 28 - 7 months etc... I just do the weeks in "two's" if you know what I mean.

I explain how far I am in weeks, more simple

I think if u are 22 weeks then I would say 5 1/2 months pregnant, ur not 6 months until 24 weeks, thats the way i see it

Pregnancy is officially 10 months. That's almost a year, dammit!

At 24 weeks i say I'm 6 months. When I get to 26, I'll be 6.5 months, 28 - 7 months etc... I just do the weeks in "two's" if you know what I mean.

Ahhh - now that helps! I just don't like to make things up. I can't stand people who bull sh*t!

Now I know I can tell peolple too. Thanks Necee :dohh:

It's confusing isn't it.

Go off the boxes on your signature - You're into the 5th box, so you're 5months?

That's what I've been doing. :lol: I'm just counting down now - it's easier.

8Weeks to go. :happydance:

It's confusing isn't it.

Go off the boxes on your signature - You're into the 5th box, so you're 5months?

Good thinking batman! I never thought to do that! :dohh:

At least I know where I am now! Good luck for your little princess...bet you get more and more ecited the closer you get! x

Brilliant i've been saying that i'm nearly 5 months to people so glad that's right stick to the weeks i think. Deffo easier lol.

So on the sites they say for 1-4 weeks your in your first month as we say after the 4th week we're one month pregnant but to the sites theyd be counting it as going into your second month when we won't be 2 months till week 8 is over cooool beans. xx

Brilliant i've been saying that i'm nearly 5 months to people so glad that's right stick to the weeks i think. Deffo easier lol.

So on the sites they say for 1-4 weeks your in your first month as we say after the 4th week we're one month pregnant but to the sites theyd be counting it as going into your second month when we won't be 2 months till week 8 is over cooool beans. xx

Oh! You're confusing me again!!!! :huh: Ha ha!!!

It's confusing isn't it.

That's a good idea!

I have been wondering this... good to know... so, i am on months 5 now... scary!
x

I have been wondering this... good to know... so, i am on months 5 now... scary!
x

Yeah me toooo :D

I still feel 12 weeks.... its flying by. I keep thinking now that i'll go to my 20 week scan next week and they'll be like oh change of due date ur actually due in january or something then i'll be like arghhhhhhhhhh can you imagine! lol xx

I work mine out by taking away how many months i got left, i'm due in April and thats 6 months away so i'm 3 months and will be for the next 3 weeks, does seem slower counting in months tho! xx

This used to reaaaly conduse me, but 40 weeks is 10 months, there is 10 months in pregnancy..but people get confused as people refer to it as 9 months. this is simply because at 9 months or 36 weeks, you are full term...if you getme..

I find this so confusing too! A lady asked me at work how many months I was the other day and I said I didn't know :dohh: Then I hesitated and said 23 weeks. She must have thought I'm a right idiot. x

well, I don't think it is quite 10 months, as 40 weeks doesn't make 10 month because there arent usually 4 weeks in a month (unless it is february?). Taking a average month of 30 days, i make 20 weeks to be about 4 and a half months.

But some months have 31 days so maybe be the other half a month comes from those months with the extra day. lol xx

well, there are 365days in a year (non leap) so that averages 30.4 days in a month (rounding down to 30) which is 4.4 weeks in a month. So if you want the weeks in months, you have to divide by 4.4, not four.
I'm assuming the reason we use weeks is because weeks are ALWAYs 7 days, whereas months change in duration.

OOOh ye see this is the trouble with pregnancy you end up living your life in a calendar. I've also just realised, that there's only 28 days in february so february is going to fly by leaving it not long til the 7th dun dun durrrrr lol. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"