Weeks into months?

lol yeah, damn February! I want it to be longer because I don't like my due date :p

Ah mate.....this is waaaay too confusing.
When people ask me "how far gone are you?", I just say "I dunno" lol Id rather leave them confused instead of myself!

Ah mate.....this is waaaay too confusing.
When people ask me "how far gone are you?", I just say "I dunno" lol Id rather leave them confused instead of myself!

ha haaaa, i like that aproach.

I have moved from weeks to calendar months. Most people I talk to do not understand the whole 10 months being pregnant thing. It has always been 9 months. So I tell people I'm 5 months, as yesterday was exactly 4 calendar months to my due date. If people know the whole week thing--then I will tell them how many weeks.

I always sorta worked it out cos 4.5 months is 20 weeks.

apparently I am just under 6 and a half months pregnant which is what I thought anyway. I was gonna start telling people I am 7 months gone on my birthday which is Nov 7th.

btw, a month doesn't have 4 weeks. If that was true you'd only have 28 days in each month!

You have to divide 40 (how many weeks til due date) by the number of weeks you are pregnant (so mine would be 40/28; il round up to make it simpler; giving me 1.42857).
Then you divide 9 months by that number (9/1.42857) so I'm 6.3 months pregnant :)

This always confuses me, too...I speak in months, but I have to use my conception calculator to tell me what week I'm in, so I can "translate it" into months!!! I find it confusing, especially when AFTER the babe is born, most people seem to continue to talk in "weeks": "How old is Violet now?" "Oh, she's 12 weeks old." Can't I just say she's 3 months old? Speaking in weeks makes this unpatient girl feel like deadlines will NEVER come!!!

you have all just confused me! placenta brain lol xx

Pregnancy is officially 10 months. That's almost a year, dammit!

At 24 weeks i say I'm 6 months. When I get to 26, I'll be 6.5 months, 28 - 7 months etc... I just do the weeks in "two's" if you know what I mean.

That's pretty much what I do as well. I'm 29 weeks right now, so I end up saying (if someone asks) that I'm almost 7.5 months pregnant. At 32 weeks I'll be 8 months, and at 36 weeks I'll be 9 months.

:dohh: It is pretty confusing though. For me, it's easier to say in weeks because nearly EVERYTHING I read relating to pregnancy is done by the week. However everyone else is like "Huh? How many months is that?" if I say the week, not the month.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"