Weighing yourself...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Chellebelle, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Chellebelle

Chellebelle Well-Known Member

Don't do it!!! :hissy: I just did last night :cry::cry::cry: I can't believe how much weight I have gained... but I don't know where it's all gone!! My bump can't be that much extra!! :cry: I can't even bring myself to say how much it's increased... as soon as LO is here... I am hitting the gym!

:cry:

2. charliebear

charliebear Mum to AJ & Pumpkin

:hugs: Just wanted to say everyone puts on different amounts of weight during pregnancy. I'm sure your just fine and will lose it. :hugs: x

3. Charlotte-j

Charlotte-j Mum of 2.

might make u feel abit better.

• At birth, your baby will weigh approximately 3,300g (7.3lb).
    • During pregnancy, the muscle layer of your womb (uterus) grows dramatically and weighs an extra 900g (2lb).
    • The placenta (afterbirth), which keeps your baby nourished, weighs 600g (1.3lb).
    • Your breasts weigh an extra 400g (0.9lb).
    • Your blood volume increases and weighs an extra 1,200g (2.6lb)
    • You have extra fluid in your body, and amniotic fluid around the baby, weighing 2,600g (5.7lb).
    • Plus, you will lay down some fat during your pregnancy to provide you with extra energy for breastfeeding. This comes to about 2,500g (5.5lb).

4. o0oCharlieo0o

o0oCharlieo0o Well-Known Member

awww hun i havent weighed myself for weeks for that reason lol, my DH bought me a wii fit for my birthday in september and when i stood on it and it told me my weight i wanted to cry, and i havent played it since lmao scared to see what more iv gained since!

5. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Tell me about it ... i weighed myseld and was 10st 6lbs i almost died lol!!

Given pre pregnancy i was just under 9 stone, i was gutted, then i remembered i am pregnant lol

6. SuzyQ

SuzyQ Pregnant with 2nd

Noooooooooooooo! I refuse to weigh myself-cos I know i will be depressed!
    I'm sure you'll lose it after no problem-try not to beat yourself up about it-you're growing a little miracle in there! xx:hugs:

7. Shri

Shri Well-Known Member

8. Chellebelle

thanks everyone... I feel a little better. :)

9. Jayne

Jayne Molly's mum

I stopped weighing myself when I hit 13 and a half stone. Given that I'm usually 10 and a half/11, I was gutted.

That was about 10 weeks ago and I haven't looked back since so put the scales away!! :D

10. PeanutBean

PeanutBean Mumma to Byron & Indigo

Don't have scales! :smug:

11. dannyboygirl

dannyboygirl Mom to Baby Cubz

I put on about 21pds...Still hitting the gym after baby though....Im hips n belly lol

12. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

I weighed myself a few weeks ago and i was the same weight as i was in july so i felt proud of myself... but i REFUSE to weigh myself now i have prob put on tonnnns of weight in the past few weeks :cry:

13. dannyboygirl

dannyboygirl Mom to Baby Cubz

I put on 5 in 2 weeks..lol

14. Moraine

Moraine Mom to a cutie pie!

I don't really care how much I've gained. I figured I would gain 50 lbs and that is around where I'm at now. I didn't exactly deny myself the foods I wanted. I'll get it off eventually.

15. polo_princess

polo_princess ♥ Brookes Mummy ♥

Isnt it funny how we get "weight" drummed into our heads so much that even during pregnancy we cant shake the thoughts of it off!!

16. momandpeanut

momandpeanut Well-Known Member

I was 10st 2llb at my booking in appointment at 6 weeks pg and this week i was 11st 4lb !!
    I was really shocked because i thought id have put loads more on (im prone to putting weight on very easy) so at the minute im quite happy !

17. Fern.x

Fern.x Guest

U crazy woman! :laugh2: Something i defo wont b doing.. not even tempted! :hugs:

18. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

i weighed yesterday and ive put just under 2 stone on :(
    Dont think ill weighh again lol think id rather not know anymore!!..... dont worry about it to much hun everyone gains different :hugs:

19. kim'sbump

kim'sbump Well-Known Member

I got weighed begining of this week and have put 1 stone 6 pounds which looks scary on the scales but i don't thinks its too much just need to keep a steady pace now as i have a feeling i'm going to pile it on when i finish work.

20. Chellebelle

Thanks everyone. It's so good to know I am not the only one!

I just remembered the midwife saying at my booking in appointment "mind how much weight you put on - you don't want to over-do it" - I think she meant it lighthearted... but since weighing myself her words have haunted me :dohh:

Ahh well... I am sure all the running around after LO when he is here will kill some calories. :blush: