Weight advice??

VictoriaIris

Reaction score
At the start of the year I was about 14st 10. :munch:
But I know being a healthy weight is important from conceiving, I am now 13 st 9 at the moment. What weight should I try to be? What is an ok weight? I don't want to be a skinny minny, I just want to be healthy.

I would worry less about weight and more about eating the proper nutrients and exercising well. Don't overeat but don't starve yourself either. Just be sensible about diet and exercise and your weight will find a natural healthy place to be.

I found that spending a little to see a nutritionist helps me figure out how to be healthy

I am trying to be healthy, not DIETING, just eating healthy, and not eating after 6pm is what is helping me to lose weight. Hmm I will consider seeing a Nutritionist, but I do know a fair bit about what to eat and what not, and how to cook healthy and stuff.
Im just worried because my friend has had a miscarriage and she is a "big girl" and I wonder if that's why it happened. I know it could have been a number of things. I just don't want to happen to me.

I am trying to be healthy, not DIETING, just eating healthy, and not eating after 6pm is what is helping me to lose weight. Hmm I will consider seeing a Nutritionist, but I do know a fair bit about what to eat and what not, and how to cook healthy and stuff.
Im just worried because my friend has had a miscarriage and she is a "big girl" and I wonder if that's why it happened. I know it could have been a number of things. I just don't want to happen to me.

There are a lot of factors for miscarriage... You might class me as a "big girl" but we lost a little one down to infection. If you are overweight and pregnant you may be prone to other conditions and might be in need of interventions during pregnancy (gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, high blood pressure, more interventions needed during labour).

But I was overweight with our LO now and we had a very healthy pregnancy. I had a consultant just to be on the safe side but that was about it.

Please don't say that miscarriages happen because of weight because they don't - underlying health issues maybe, but not solely on the Mum's weight. I really don't mean to upset or scare you but 1 in 5 ladies suffer a miscarriage for any reason whatsoever - every lady hopes it won't happen to her, and I for one wish it upon nobody. But sometimes poo happens!

xxx

Thanks for the advice.
And I didn't say that is why she had a miscarriage. I just said I wondered if that was why, and that I know it could have been because of number of things.

But my question still has not been answered really. Is 13.9 stone still too heavy? Would anyone advise that I hang on a bit til I have lost a bit more?

Sorry, its just you have to be so careful when you say things like that because if you say that then the lady who suffered the miscarriage will constantly blame herself and then hate herself for it.

I don't think you need to in all honesty.

If your BMI is over 30 then in some NHS places you will be consultant led as well as seeing your midwife. Some areas it is over 32. But that's about it really. Any birth plan you choose will be respected unless you are very very very over the BMI for consultancy.

Some birthing units won't allow ladies with a certain BMI to use them.

Ok thanks for the info, that helps. My BMI is high, so I will have to lose a lot more to have a healthy BMI.

How tall are you? Sorry if I've missed it somewhere.
xx

5ft4, My bmi is 33.something. :( Im hugely obese, and so disappointed, ive lost over a stone and feel like im getting nowhere fast.

5ft4, My bmi is 33.something. :( Im hugely obese, and so disappointed, ive lost over a stone and feel like im getting nowhere fast.

Hey honey, don't feel bad - you're losing it and doing really well doing that. Just please don't worry about conceiving right now. It is ok to do so. There are ladies with BMIs of 40 who have had happy and healthy pregnancies. Mine was 34, and I will NEVER be in the normal range because of my build (I'm very tall and muscly - and a lot of it was flab/excess skin from losing 6 stone in a year a few years before hand). And I'm still a stone heavier from pregnancy! Argh!

In all honesty being consultant led has it's pros because you might get an extra ultra sound/growth scan to make sure that baby is growing properly. As I said to my consultant "Ah, to make sure its all baby and not belly!" Plus with another doctor he commented on how few stretch marks I had... and I said "well that's one advantage of being a lardy in the first place!" xxx

Ha, fair enough. :) Thanks, will keep losing weight, but wont worry about TTC.
Feel better now thank you. x

Glad you feel a bit better. :hugs: Your OH loves you the way you are I'm sure too. So keep on TTC, keep up the good work with eating healthy. Chances are you'll lose some weight during pregnancy as well! xxx

Im over 18 st and TTC'ing i dont think weight matters its more about how healthy you make yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->