Weight, eating disorders and pregnancy

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I was reading a Pregnancy mag the other day that had an issue in it about how some women felt the pressure to stay thin during pregnancy. I thought that it was maybe just a select few - not really as big an issue as was written of it.

BUT, after what people have been commenting to me, I can see why so many women feel this way!! Despite being pregnant, my sister, a few female friends and work colleges feel the need to comment on EVERYTHING I eat!

I am naturally not a thin person. My resting weight is 12stone - even with 1hrs cardio and weights a day and a 2000 or less cal diet- thats where my body wants to be and I am fine with that -a decent size 12/14. The past few months I have been SO tired that I have not been doing my usual exercise, and of course I have slobbed a bit and not been so restrictive on what I was eating - and of course now there are only certain things I can stomach (mainly just home cooked meals but mostly beef or potato orientated). SO I have put on weight - I though just 2 stone, but according to the MW its 3 (putting me at 15st!- her scales LIE!:cry:) So I am currently a size 16 - possibly an 18 if you count the bumpage!

I am not starting to feel that I am too fat, to the point where I have considered restarting my old exersize and dietary plan. Everyone keeps going on about how I will find it very hard to shift the weight once I have the baby. It's really starting to upset me :(. OH rationalised it in that maybe I won't get so many stretch marks as the bump will have more skin to grow into than if I was a skinny bean.
I plan to breast feed for as long as possibly after and So this will help with the weight loss to a degree. But I am not really scared that I am going to be a fat mum :(. But I would rather look comfortable to cuddle! I just don't like the comments from other people.

Has anyone else been having the same issues? or similar?

Fortunately nobody knows yet but it's been difficult at work because my appetite went mental for a fortnight and I'm normally on a strict diet so everyone noticed but I've lost it now so OK. I think people have noticed I have more of a belly, and to be honest, I think they've all guessed because I seem to be losing weight elsewhere. I've stayed the exact same weight but have bigger boobs and a bigger belly. I think the weight has gone from my wrists and hands (my rings keep falling off) and my collarbone cos I look scrawny there! I would ignore them hun, if you're comfortable, then that's all that matters. I'm far too knackered to be exercising and get exhausted just from working to and from work. It's your body and your decision, and everyone develops differently. If you're eating a balanced diet, I really don't see the problem. They're probably just jealous so I'd ignore them. You've got the rest of your life to worry about your weight, just concentrate on keeping healthy and happy for this 9months and next time someone makes a snide comment try asking them why it bothers them so much what you do.

I am about 12 stone as well thats eating what I want and no exercise, which makes me a 14. I managed to get down to 10 and half stone for my wedding in march but I just couldn't keep it up, so I am always on a diet!

however since I have found out I am pg I have eaten what ever I fancy! I haven't eaten a stupid amount but def little and often and things I fancy and I do eat fruit, veg and homemade food anyway no readymade stuff.

I personally dont care what people think and if people do comment then I think its nosey and should worry about their selves and not me!
as for putting weight on I will worry about that when the babys born, i want to BF as well so hopefully it will just come off then plus i'll be walking loads cos its the summer.

I know my OH ( and yours) will love me whatever and if I do have s-marks and extra pounds it will be worth it for the baby!:hug:

I am 15 stone and dont care what anybody thinks I will go bk to dieting once bubba is born try not to worry xx

I have never been on a diet but I am very concerned about my body changing and I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe I will change later on when I look more pregnant but I've only put two pounds on at the mo making me the heaviest I've been. Do people get used to the weight going on as you get more pregnant??

I wouldn't ever cut out food whilst pregnant as I think your body knows what it wants and people starving themselves whilst pregnant it STUPID but do mums go back to their original weight????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->