Weight gain - 12 weeks

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hey Ladies :)

I'm interested to know, for those who haven't suffered from bad morning sickness and lost weight, how much weight have you put on so far?

I got a shock at my weigh in today with the midwife.. I've already put on 1.5kg. I think that's pretty normal? I know the weight gain will probably speed up very soon though!

I think 1lb is roughly half a kg :) so you're doing well!

I think I'm an exception though! And I've worked hard to only gain what is necessary as I've read far too many studies XD

Lol! Whereas I've been eating more than usual this pregnancy compared to previous ones to stop from feeling sick! Luckily that is passing now though!

Ive gained quite a bit tbh, half a stone and I'm 9.5 weeks.

I literally have been suffering from sickness and hunger I've been reaching for whatever. Im usually so healthy and wary as I previously lost 7 and a half stone. x

I'm 11 weeks and have put on 5lb. I've had a lot of nausea and have to eat often to not feel sick. But I've not always made good choices because I just eat what I can manage. I know I need to improve! I'm normally pretty healthy and good meals from scratch, drink water, snack on fruit etc.

I sure feel like I've gained a ton! However, at my last check 10w5d in I was actually down 2lbs. But I think that's just because I went to the bathroom like 5 times before stepping on the scale. haha My pants definitely feel tighter than usual!

(not intentionally - I just have to pee all. the. time!)

so far I havent gained anything at all.. I was -1lb lastnight but i dont count it... Ill be 15 weeks on Friday..

Wow, I feel like I'm the odd one out here! Before I got pregnant I was around 120 (I'm 5'7"), but I've gained about 10-12lbs in ~12 weeks. :huh:

I've never been this heavy in my life so it's kind of freaking me out. I haven't been eating the greatest, though I have been trying to eat better. I've just been eating sooo much! I better get back into a workout routine, haha. I've been lazy in that regard, too! :wacko:

I'm 11 weeks and have put on 5lb. I've had a lot of nausea and have to eat often to not feel sick. But I've not always made good choices because I just eat what I can manage. I know I need to improve! I'm normally pretty healthy and good meals from scratch, drink water, snack on fruit etc.

You literally sound like me!! Im eating just to stop feeling sick! I bought some maternity jeans today off ASOS, 2 for £25 instead of £60! SO happy, but I literally broke down yesterday because Nothing fitted me :( :( :(

I'm still up 15 pounds from when my son was born, so at 12 weeks I am holding steady, but holding differently. The pants are starting to fit tighter. I'm hoping everyone just thinks I'm still fat for another 5 or 6 weeks ;)

It's very varied then!! :) I can sympathise with the eating to not feel sick! I'm just about at my highest ever weight.. so seeing the scales go up is scary!!

7 weeks and I've put on 4lbs. But I literally cant.stop.eating. I eat and 2nhours later I'm ravenous :shock: I'm going to be a whale at the end of this pregnancy:cry: lol

I'm 6 weeks and I've put on about 1.5lbs so far. Worried me a bit because I read you should ideally only put on 1 during the 1st trimester, but like a lot of others I sometimes eat to stop feeling ill, which happens when I'm hungry...which happens a lot!

Trying to make healthy decisions in what I snack on at those times. But I just couldn't bring myself to eat my salad for lunch yesterday so I went out to buy a sandwich instead... definitely the start of food aversions I think. Talking of which, the idea of eating yesterday's leftover veggie lasagna tonight is already starting to make me feel sick.

Honestly, your weight fluctuates so much throughout the day - you could think you've gained/lost a lb or 3 but really it's just the timing of when you were weighed. I wouldn't worry/stress too much about it. Also, there could be other external factors. I have fibroids and was told they will likely grow as the pregnancy progresses. So I'll have some extra weight gain (both in numbers and visually) from that as well.

I've been extra hungry as well, and also extra inclined to reach for sweets! But, to compensate, I try to mostly snack on fruits and veggies. I figure I can eat as much as I want if I'm eating apples and carrots!

You literally sound like me!! Im eating just to stop feeling sick! I bought some maternity jeans today off ASOS, 2 for £25 instead of £60! SO happy, but I literally broke down yesterday because Nothing fitted me :( :( :(

Aww hun! Don't be upset. I do think I've got bigger quicker this time being on #3. It just seems to be how it is. I'm starting to feel better, although I was sick this morning saying that! I had my scan today. All looking good and put ahead to 12+1. Was meant to be seeing Mo tomorrow to book in but my dd has come down with chicken pox!

Honestly, your weight fluctuates so much throughout the day - you could think you've gained/lost a lb or 3 but really it's just the timing of when you were weighed. I wouldn't worry/stress too much about it. Also, there could be other external factors. I have fibroids and was told they will likely grow as the pregnancy progresses. So I'll have some extra weight gain (both in numbers and visually) from that as well

I definitely agree with that. I weighed myself one day and I was 1.5lbs up, the next day I was below my starting weight, and the following day I was 1.5lbs up again.

All weigh ins were first thing in the morning before eating, and just in underwear. I don't usually weigh myself everyday for exactly that reason - too confusing! I just settled on the 1.5 and will see what's awaiting me on the scales this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->