weight gain calculator!

onmyway0x

Reaction score
https://www.thebabycorner.com/tools/pregnancy/calculators/weightcalculator.php

I'm having a hard time with my sudden weight gain and I'm about 8 lbs what I should be at.... if i could exercise and all that jazz i think it would be easier!

I found this cool tool on baby corner, check it out, hope you all aren't doing as poorly as me!

I weight 1 lb more than I should so I'm not going to loose sleep!
Great link though, thanks x

LOVE this!

here is my stats

Based on your pre-pregnancy weight of 142 lbs., we calculated your BMI to be 24, which is considered average according to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. This week you should weigh between:

145 and 147 lbs

You are 0.5 pounds over the high end of of your target weight range. During your first trimester, you should gain between 2 and 4 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 1 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy.

At full term (40 weeks pregnant) you should weigh between:

167 and 177 lbs
Total Target Weight Gain: 25 to 35 lbs.

Yay got lots of weight to gain haha!

This thing is urging me to gain at least six more pounds asap. Not going to happen!
What use is extra weight when you're already at a healthy weight, and the baby, too?

Oh dang!! I am 7 lbs over too. . .I guess I'm not doing as well as I thought! :dohh:

Aggghhhh i'm 4lbs already!!Ah well wheres that packet of crisps nom nom

Where Do I Stand With My -4 lb Weight Gain?
Based on your pre-pregnancy weight of 185 lbs., we calculated your BMI to be 33, which is considered obese according to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. This week you should weigh between:

198 and 199 lbs

You are 17 pounds under the lower end of of your target weight range. During your first trimester, you should gain between 1 and 2 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 0.5 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy.

196 and 205 lbs
Total Target Weight Gain: 11 to 20 lbs.

i gained 23 lbs with my DS and was 196 when i delivered him.

I am right on target....YAY! I gained way too much last time so I am trying to watch it this time. Don't want the complications I had last time.
Great link.....thanks!

I am 12lbs under what I should be and weigh less now than when I first fell pregnant.

The Hyperemesis did have a plus side after all lol

I'm on target... yay!

Your Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator Results
Weeks Pregnant 16
Total Weight Gained 5.7 lbs.

Where Do I Stand With My 5.7 lb Weight Gain?
Based on your pre-pregnancy weight of 114.6 lbs., we calculated your BMI to be 20, which is considered average according to the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies. This week you should weigh between:

119.6 and 121.6 lbs

Congratulations! You are right on target for a healthy weight gain during your pregnancy! During your first trimester, you should gain between 2 and 4 lbs.. Thereafter, you should be gaining 1 lbs. per week until the end of your pregnancy.

139.6 and 149.6 lbs
Total Target Weight Gain: 25 to 35 lbs.

Woop! now you made me feel bad about my 0.5 lb :pP! cant wait to stuff my face when i get home though with the good news of not putting on too much weight!!!! i thought i had over eaten by miles off! take aways, cakes, anything fatty and bad which i never used to eat suddenly got shovelled in my mouth! yum! :happydance:

I'm over, but my doc says I'm doing perfectly, so I'm not worried about it. I gaiend 6 lbs right away, but week 6 or 7, even though I wasn't eating any more, but since then I've leveled out quite a lot and even though my appetite has increased a ton I've stopped gaining much am at 8 pounds over my pre-PG weight. I know this is higher than what some (including the calculator) recommend for just starting the 2nd Tri, but I'm not worried. My doc says all pregnancies and all bodies are different... mine decided it wanted some extra weight early on, but I may not gain much at all in 2nd Tri.

Short story: I hope anybody who is over according to the calculator doesn't worry too much. I think your doc's advice is always best!

My stats: 5 feet, 1 inch tall

Pre-PG
116 lbs
BMI 22
average

14 weeks PG
BMI 23
3 lbs over according to the calculator
eating like a horse and haven't gained any weight in like 4 weeks

I'm also exercising a bit... walking and snowshoeing and yoga... and I'm hoping this will help my body rebound faster after the baby.

Best of luck to all!

I used to always watch everything I ate and now I've relaxed loads... I fancy some chicken and rice tonight... yum!

I've been craving my mums food but she doesnt live in the UK anymore :(

I've decided not to worry about weight gain too much and then deal with it after giving birth.

I used to always watch everything I ate and now I've relaxed loads... I fancy some chicken and rice tonight... yum!

I've been craving my mums food but she doesnt live in the UK anymore :(

I've decided not to worry about weight gain too much and then deal with it after giving birth.

Thats what im doing....its a big incentive to get healthy and exercise when we will have after baby bellies!! eeek! scared of what it will look like! x

One other thing... if anybody is really worried about whether they're eating too much. I used to be a calorie counter a few years ago when I lost 15 pounds. When I gained 6 pounds in my first 6 or 7 weeks pregnant I got a bit worried maybe I was overdoing it without noticing, so I just counted my calories for a few days to get an idea.

Don't want to encourage anybody to diet while PG, but if you're an old school calorie counter and think maybe checking for a few days would help, I used this calculator that tells how many calories you need on average during each trimester based on your pre-PG weight and how active you are https://www.freedieting.com/tools/pregnancy_calorie_calculator.htm

Turned out for me I was eating just right and my body just really wanted those 6 lbs at that point. I checked again recently and realized that because I was eating so much healthy stuff my calories were down, so I had to make an effort to get them up a bit more.

Sorry to be blabbing, but one other thing I'm doing is planning for how I'll get active again once the baby is here. Already looking for good slings and carriers for hiking and such and looking into winter weather gear for baby so we can keep up snowshoeing next winter. I'm hoping it will be a ton of fun and help me get back to my old self again more quickly! :)

I love the calculator! It looks like I am where I should be, thanks for the link! :)

What I don't understand about this is if you are overweight it says you shouldn't gain as much weight (11-20 pounds) but then does this mean you are supposed to have a smaller baby? or less amniotic fluid than an average sized person? It doesn't seem like some of these numbers should change much!

Because here is the breakdown of where the weight comes from. Even if you gain no maternal fat (7 lbs) it would still be more than the 20 lbs you are supposed to gain.

Baby 7-8 pounds
Placenta 1-2 pounds
Amniotic fluid 2 pounds
Uterus 2 pounds
Maternal breast tissue 2 pounds
Maternal blood 4 pounds
Fluids in maternal tissue 4 pounds
Maternal fat and nutrient stores 7 pounds

I realize that these are just averages, but I have read similar things in my baby books and have wondered about this for awhile.

I guess if you are underweight, I would wonder the same thing, just in the opposite direction...

What I don't understand about this is if you are overweight it says you shouldn't gain as much weight (11-20 pounds) but then does this mean you are supposed to have a smaller baby? or less amniotic fluid than an average sized person? It doesn't seem like some of these numbers should change much!

I've read that the reason you can get away with gaining less if you start out overweight is because:
a) you may already have the fat stores you need for lactation post-delivery and
b) your body will take what it needs from your fat stores throughout your pregnancy, so in effect you will gain weight in baby, placenta, etc... but you will lose some weight in previously stored fat.

Not sure if this is true. It's just what I've read. But I've also read that there's a lot of debate in some circles about all PG women (and overweight PG women in particular) being put under too much pressure to control their weight while growing a baby.

When not sure what "science" to believe, I go with what feels right for my body :)

This is fab thank you. As I'm over weight already I'm quite worried about gaining to much and according to this I am spot on so far and it congratulated me. Finally something says my weight gain is ok :rofl: :haha: Very useful and I have book marked it :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->