weight gain from first tri

AshleyNichole

mommy to 2 boys!
Reaction score
how much weight did u gain in first tri, or how much are you supposed to gain?

I gained 9 pounds in my first 8 weeks! Since then I have only gained 2 pounds. So I have gained at total of 11 pounds in 17 weeks.

I was so concerned when I get so much in the first 8 weeks but my doctor was not concerned and said it would even out eventually and it did.

I've gained about 3 or 4 lbs I'm 16 weeks 3 days, I hate even gaining that so god help me lol

In first 12 weeks I gained about 25lbs. Since then I have gained 10 more so now a total of 35lbs. I did ask about this and doctor said that probably had so much to start due to me being so skinny to begin with that body had to catch up to support the baby. My weight gain has slowed down a little bit only gaining 5lbs in the last month.

Going by my scales I've only gained about 4lbs so far but I have my midwife appt tomorrow so I'll see exactly how much going by their scales. I think it varies a lot person to person so I wouldn't worry if you think you've gained too much/not enough, I think I read somewhere that anything between 1-5lbs is the average for first tri but as someone else above says u may gain more and then less in 2nd tri. Your midwife will let u know if she's worried xx

In first 12 weeks I gained about 25lbs. Since then I have gained 10 more so now a total of 35lbs. I did ask about this and doctor said that probably had so much to start due to me being so skinny to begin with that body had to catch up to support the baby. My weight gain has slowed down a little bit only gaining 5lbs in the last month.

I am also very skinny and pettite. My doctor said the same thing when I gained the 9 pounds in 8 weeks! My body was doing what it had to do to support the pregnancy.

According to my scale, I've gained 5lbs since my BFP. But I haven't gained anything according to my doctor's scale, though that has only been since a month. He actually told me I'm OK not to gain any weight at all during this pregnancy so long as baby is healthy. :shrug:

I've read that the average gain is between 5-10lbs, depending on your starting weight and your level of morning sickness. I actually lost 15lbs in the first trimester of my first pregnancy.

I gained 9lbs... everything I read online said 3-5lbs... but really, that varies SO greatly per woman. Some don't gain any or even lose the first trimester if they are really sick...

At 27 weeks I've only gained between 10-12 pounds depending on the day:thumbup:

But I was not a small gal to begin with, but I think most doctors say 10 pounds by 20 weeks, and then a pound a week after that

I'm up 6 pounds now... Went up almost immediately, now I haven't gained since about week 10

I'm still trying to figure out if my bump is baby or french fry!

Ive gained 9lb since I was 4 weeks pg. Im already a big girl and Im eating for england so I dont think thats too bad :)
X

I started out pretty thin, 105 lbs, 5'6" tall. So, I really expected to gain more weight by now (week 18). In the first trimester, I gained around 4 lbs, and since then I've tacked on 2 more. Not too much so far, wondering when it's going to hit hard!

I'm up 7lb from my BFP. Part is probably bloat, but a sizeable amount is just me eating too much junk. I found it so hard between 6-10 weeks when I felt so ill all I could stomach was crisps (potato chips) and sandwiches. It was hard enough to eat anything, let alone force down some salad. Am going to try and improve things now my stomach isn't rebelling at every meal

I've gained 17 pounds and I'm 17 weeks 5 days

I found this chart thing super helpful. It breaks it all down for ya.

Pregnancy Weight Calculator

Me? I gained 5lbs during weeks 4 to 9. Lost it all, and then went down another 5lbs in 2nd tri. But the past 3 weeks I've gained it all back and I'm finally up to my pregnancy weight again. Gotta love what MS will do lol

Up to 18 weeks I weighed the same as pre-pregnancy. Since 18 weeks I have put 4lbs on.

I gained 8lbs right away (even though was eating less due to m/s) but haven't gained anything in the last month. xx

All women are different when it comes to weight gain - some are slow over the course of their pregnancy and others gain in spurts! Though I have heard that gaining over the entire pregnancy is less likely to cause stretchmarks, but body just won't do it! :haha:

I haven't gained any in the first trimester. I am overweight to start with so I have been eating very well and walking or swimming everyday since my BFP. The doctor only wants me to gain 15 lbs for my whole pregnancy. Since the baby and everything (blood, placenta ect) amounts to 25-35 lbs....i guess they want me to lose 10-20 lbs essentially.

I've gained 1kg so far. Really happy as I had no MS and by this point in my last pregnancy i was up like 8kg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->