weight gain from first tri

I was 128 lbs pre-preg ( 9stone 2 lbs)

By 14 wks I had gained 5 lbs. With my first baby I did not gain anything til 15+wks:flower:

I found this chart thing super helpful. It breaks it all down for ya.

Pregnancy Weight Calculator

Me? I gained 5lbs during weeks 4 to 9. Lost it all, and then went down another 5lbs in 2nd tri. But the past 3 weeks I've gained it all back and I'm finally up to my pregnancy weight again. Gotta love what MS will do lol

Holy crap, that calculator says I should have only gained just under 2 pounds at 28 weeks :shrug:

I lost 5 pounds in the first tri, and now at 27 weeks I've gained about 20 total (that includes gaining back the original 5 I lost)

Sorry I can't be of much help, I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow and haven't gained a single pound so far.

mami, that is fantastic! well done on zero weight gain!

i didn't gain any in the 1st tri, then threw on 10 pounds in the 4th month - yikes!!

Weight gain..... not so much. At my appointment a week and a half ago, I was done another pound to a total of -11. I was on a good scale earlier today and I still haven't picked any of it back up yet. According to the pregnancy weight calculator, that means I have room for 31 pounds in the next 16 weeks. :rofl:

Obviously, I am not really worried about that but I would like to stop losing more now, thank you very much.

Edit: Oh, and I am 24 weeks now.

I was 195 pounds pre-pregnancy and at my last weigh in I was a whopping 225. YIKES! :shrug: I must mention that I am 5'11, but still that's 30 pounds. I have definitely been trying to eat better. But still my weights climbing. I feel like I will be 250 by then end. And my doctor did not mention anything about my weight in my last visits so I am at a loss of words as to why I have put on so much weight so quickly. :nope:

I've gained about 15 pounds or so, and when I asked my doc about it because I was concerned it was too much too soon, she told me I looked good and to not worry about it. Most people don't even I look pregnant yet-I beg to differ, I feel like a cow! But I was at the higher end of my BMI when I got pregnant so.....trying to gain slowly but not stressing about it. If my doc ain't worried, I ain't either LOL!

I've gained about 15 pounds or so, and when I asked my doc about it because I was concerned it was too much too soon, she told me I looked good and to not worry about it. Most people don't even I look pregnant yet-I beg to differ, I feel like a cow! But I was at the higher end of my BMI when I got pregnant so.....trying to gain slowly but not stressing about it. If my doc ain't worried, I ain't either LOL!

You definitely got a point there!

I gained 13 pounds in the first trimester. I am not trying to keep that weight and not gain anymore in the next 10 weeks by eating better and being more active, as per my doctor.

how much weight did u gain in first tri, or how much are you supposed to gain?

I gained 16 pounds, but I started off around 115, so my doctor said it was okay.
Still, a little shocking.
I'm just hoping the weight gain doesn't continue at this rate!

Nothing in the 1st tri. Im am overweight and put on weight so so easily but since ive been pregnant i eat like a horse and have put on 1kg @ 21w. weird.

i didn't gain anything up to 13 weeks. Then between 13 and 15 weeks i gained 3 or 4 lbs. Since 15 weeks I've gained another 3-4. I think I'm doing alright. I just wish I wasn't gaining so rapidly now. I don't like to see the numbers to up more than one pound a week!

I didn't gain any weight in the first tri. But these past 4 weeks I put on a whopping 9 lbs!!

I gained 5lbs but started off at 99 which was a few pounds lower than normal....so from my normal "fighting weight" I gained 2, but from where I started I gained 5. Doesn't sound like much but I am only 5'3 and my butt and thighs are definitely bigger!

Thankfully, zero. I've actually lost a pound or two, but that's purely because I've been exercising like crazy (we got a puppy before we got our BFP :dohh:). I think up to ten is considered good, depending on your weight before the BFP.

I went from 133lbs pre-pregnancy to 143lbs by my 12 wk booking-in apptmnt. So 10lbs weight gain (wayyyy too much i think?).

I ballooned and bloated really quickly in the 1st trimester, despite eating fairly healthily.. and a large proportion of that went onto my thighs :growlmad:

At 15 wks i weighed 144lb, so everything levelled out after my 12th wk for a while (1lb gain between 12-15wks).

At 17 wks i weighed 146lbs, so 2lb gain since 15wks, 3lb gain since 12wks, and 13lb total gain (argh! :dohh:)

Although i will say to my defense that i actually lost 1lb of fat between wks 15 & 17 and gained 3lb of something other than lard, so its not soooooo bad :wacko: lol

I think my 13lb gain by 17wks is kinda steep for sure - most of that was in my 1st tri :cry:

Its my 18wks weigh-in day 2moro and im SCARED! :o

UPDATE!: Weigh-in today (18wks) says i LOST 3lbs since last week. 3lb loss in a week? weird!.. but good! So, i now weight 143lbs. 10lb total weight gain from 0-18wks, and no weight gain at all since 12 wks.. :o Err, is this OK?

I think its normal to gain about 5lbs in the first tri and after that, half a lb a week?

I think I've gained about 10lbs so far... really should try and get back to the gym!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->