Weight gain is getting to me!

heather91

Preggers with 2nd
Reaction score
I know it's inevitable but it's really getting to me. I worked really really hard to get my figure back after having DD. I put on so much weight with her and I've tried really hard not to this time but I still seem to be piling loads on my hips and bum. :cry:

Sorry pointless post but it's making me feel really depressed. I just hate what I see in the mirror atm :cry: I'm also really bump conscious to make it worse, I hate people mentioning it/touching it. I feel like people are staring at me all the time. It's a horrible feeling!

Well I'm much less pregnant than you :winkwink: but I've put loads of weight already too. :cry:

I put on 4-5 stone with my daughter, and worked hard to get it all off.... So I know how you feel about it coming back on again.

BUT, keep reminding yourself, you got the weight off before, you can do it again! :thumbup:

Think about it you got your whole life to enjoy and work at your figure, but only 9 months of enjoying your pregnancy! So relax :flower:

I'm just really obsessed with my weight I think. Even when I was skinny I still saw myself as fat, only looking bag and comparing myself to now I can see I was skinny, if you know what I mean. 4-5 stone! Gosh well done you for getting that off. I put on 3.5 stone and it took me a year to get it off. x

I put 4 on with my first, 3 with my second. I lost the weight faster second time around. I was going to only try and put on 2 this time but have put 1 on already and not quite half way through yet!!!! It makes me annoyed sometimes when you see lovely slim pregnant women with a nice neat bump! I think I chubb up everywhere and my bum expands as much as my bump!!!
However, I try and keep it in perspective. I'm pregnant, I have two kids already. My body was never perfect but then neither is life. I have a wonderful husband and two and soon hopefully three beautiful children, stretch marks and a bit of flab is not the end of the world. Try and stay positive especially as you have a daughter already. She needs a happy confident mother as an example to grow up with some self confidence.

I'm afraid I'm the exact opposite! I got really fed up yesterday remembering what it's like NOT being pregnant! I've always had a flabby belly but being pregnant I've now got a bump filling everything out and I love wearing tight tops and I truly am happier with my body now than I have been in a long time!! Ive only put on a couple of pounds sp far so its all in my quite big bump, although i know that could change v soon! I looked back yesterday at what I felt like before I was pregnant and it was just really depressing, and I'm sure it'll be even worse after :(

KNow just how hard it is when you have worked so hard to lose previous baby weight. I put on 5 stone with my first daughter and it took me almost 2 years 2 lose it. Shes 12 now and for the last 12 years i have REALLY struggled with yoyo dieting and what i think is slightly 'body dysmorphic disorder'. I am also really, really struggling with getting my head around the weight gain, even though i have tried so hard to get pregnant. I am 14 weeks pregnant with IVF twins and have already put on just over a stone. Seems like a huge amount to have put on and am really struggling to get my head around being bigger. I do havea large bump, but my legs, hips and bum have also grown. Just keep trying to look at my ultrasound pictures and think of the end result.
Beckyboo
XXX

My mum said yesterday she had set herself a challenge to lose whatever I gain in weight! She said she was well chuffed as had lost 5lbs already!. I said that was 'great but i've already put on a stone mum'! She looked a bit deflated and said 'oh not sure I can keep up with that'!!!!!
I said why not keep going till i've lost everything i've gained following baby's arrival? I think she feels slightly more hopeful now!

Hello everyone. I'm 14 weeks pregnant and have already put on 7lbs. I lost 4 stone before i got pregnant, and soo do not want to put it all back on!! I'm just hoping my weight gain slows down now. I am over MS so can start to make sure i eat more healthy.

Yeah I'm feeling a bit like this from time to time. I've always been around the same weight and it never really varied by more than about 3lbs. I've never had to keep it in check, I was just naturally that weight and I was happy with it.

Now I'm putting weight on, which I know I need to do, but I'm seeing it's all going on my inner thighs, hips and backs of my legs and I'm only half way. I'm worried about how much cellulite I'll have to try and get rid of when the baby comes.

Then I feel a bit guilty for worrying about it when I know my body is doing its thing and laying down a bit of fat in preparation for feeding the baby. Ugh. I would like to just forget about it but it's not that easy.

Non-pregnant, I've never been over 120 pounds (usually my weight hovers around 115).
I've gained much more weight much faster with this pregnancy than with my other two, and I'm also becoming afraid that if I continue gaining at this rate, I'll never be thin again.
Especially with my age (will be 39 when baby is born) and the fact that menopause is probably right around the corner (my mom had it at 43).
I've heard that after menopause, it's REALLY difficult to lose anything, because your metabolism slows way down.
Anyway, it's discouraging... more so because I don't have any noticeable bump yet, and just look like I've gained weight (which I have).
If I could just STOP feeling so god-awful (nausea, fatigue) then maybe i could eat healthy and take up at least a modified version of my exercise routine again.
But I've been so, so sick for the past two months. I feel like I have cancer or something. This is a horrible feeling, all this nausea and gross abdominal pain, and headaches, and fatigue. I don't remember it being remotely this bad with my other pregnancies (which were a very long time ago).
I think it must be my age.

Anyway, i can certainly relate to how you're feeling. Hang in there.
I won't say "It'll all be worth it when you see your baby", that's silly... but a baby will definitely help. I mean, that's what we're making this sacrifice for, right? And once the baby's born, our bodies will belong to us again. We'll feel like ourselves again, and can diet and exercise to our heart's content, without any interference!
I keep telling myself that nine months is not that long...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->