Weight Gain - Is this right??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by princess.leah, Jun 5, 2011.

1. princess.leah

princess.leah Well-Known Member

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering how much weight you have all gained around the 28 weeks mark. My last visit to the midwife I asked to be weighed. I was a size 16 pre prego, and Ive gained just 7lbs, whcih I was shocked at as my bump looks huge, however midwife was unconcerned and said its just because my bump is all out front and that I must be looking after myself and not eating my way through pregnancy lol - I think not!! I've been hooked on KFC Gopd Father meals lol, - sadly they have stopped this limited edition meal!!

Does anyone know how much they had gained around 28 - 30 weeks?? People have been saying that Ive not gained enough and should be worried???? My midewife wasnt!

xxx

2. emyandpotato

emyandpotato Well-Known Member

I'm jealous =[ I have gained about two stone though my midwife isn't worried and says I look healthy and bump is measuring right. People keep saying I haven't put weight on anywhere else but I obviously must have :shrug:

Don't worry hun your midwife knows what she's talking about, and you're meant to gain about a pound a week from now on anyway so it might bring you out about right, or just under. Was your BMI in a healthy range to start with because that affects how much you gain I think?

3. georgina.miss

georgina.miss Well-Known Member

wow, lucky you !!!! I have gained 3 whole stone and only just 34 weeks!!!! if your midwife isn't concerned then try not to worry? Bambino should be fine- what was your 20 week scan like? Maybe next time if your still worried i would ask for a growth scan to make sure?? 7lbs really isn't a lot at all but then everyones different? wish i could eat kfc and not gain weight, maybe pregnancy is just for you !!! lol xx

4. EmmaFTM

EmmaFTM Well-Known Member

I am 28 weeks and have put on 13lbs. Xx

5. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

i weight the same as when i started pregnancy. I eat well and bump is measuring big. I am overweight.

6. prettykitty

prettykitty loving been a new mum!

Hi chick,

I havent gained any and my bump is growing - Im 29 weeks this week. Im about a size 18 and have a BMI over 30 (just) my midwife isnt concerned, I lost about a stone with morning sickness too. Im not eating any less, just what I always have.

So Im currently about a stone lighter than when I got pregnant, crazy isnt it? They have measured me about a week behind, but dont have any concerns and my consultant has discharged me from his care.

I think everyone is different, so people gain lots, some people gain a little, some people people lose some. As long as your healthy and bump is healthy then its okay.

xx

7. Jaz_

Jaz_ 1st time mum

I wouldnt worry at all hun, my friend put on 4lb throughout her whole pregnancy, she wasnt sick an didnt lose her appetite r nethin she just lost her own weight an it was replaced by baby, not at all wot she intended just the way she is?...she only looked pregnant right at the end like at 81/2months! lol she was bout a size 16 before getting preg.

Me on the other hand iv put on 2 stone an im not even 28 weeks till Tuesday!!! argh im guna b huge by the end o this! lol I was a size 8 before getting preg, now my size 12 trousers wont even fit, an im almost weighing 11 stone!!! i had to have a growth scan cos even though iv put on so much weight bump still measured small, but baby is right size in ther, Everyone's just different if mw not concerned then dont worry!

xxx

8. babytimeee

babytimeee Well-Known Member

I've gained 23 and want to die! I never thought I would be over 120 lbs, and now I'm 140! :( moo.

9. jenb

jenb Well-Known Member

i havent weighed myself on the same scales but i gained around a stone up untill 35 weeks which is when my maternity leave started since then ive been eating loads out of boredon so i think ive probably gained another half stone since lol

10. keljt1127

keljt1127 Well-Known Member

wow by 28 weeks i gained 28 lbs!!!
    im at 40.5 at 39 weeks!!

If I had to put in pair of jeans or something, It would have to be a 3 or 5 :blush: I was a 0.

11. babytimeee

babytimeee Well-Known Member

What was your weight before getting prego?! I was 118 and in a 0.. I went to Walmart the other day and couldn't even squeeze into a size 9! Yet I have 0s that were bigger on me (obviously a larger size 0) and I can get into them, just not zip them! LOL. I hate being short!

ETA: I can still fit into most of my shirts too! I think my lovehandles are pregnant :(

12. Lesli45

Lesli45 Well-Known Member

At my appt last week I had gained between 25 and 30lbs since the start. My tummy is quite big and I've gained a little bit all over, also. With my first pregnancy I had gained 65lbs in total.

13. PAgal

PAgal Well-Known Member

We are supposed to burn calories faster when we are pregnant, so it's possible you are just burning off the extras that you are eating. If you really feel like you shouldn't be losing and/or should be gaining more, I would recommend having a full blood count done--something could be preventing you from absorbing nutrients properly (for example, I have Celiac disease--I can't consume gluten--so if I were to regularly consume gluten it would cause me to malabsorb nutrients and therefore lose weight).

It may also be that you aren't eating as many calories as you think---if you keep a daily log, you may surprise yourself. Sometimes we pregnant ladies feel that we are eating more when we eat unhealthy because we feel a little guilty about it I think!

14. Cloe

Cloe Well-Known Member

I am now 27 weeks and 3 days. Since the start I've gained 26 lbs./13 kg. I can definitely see it, both of my arms are pregnant too and I have a big bump.... :p I wonder how much we'll still pack on during the last three months? :haha:

Cloe :shipw:

15. princess.leah

Ahh My mother has Celiac Disease too - your poor people!!! In was tested for this before pregnancy as it took 3 years to conceive. And gladly I dont have it hun, but good thinking, I think by reading some other posts and the replies to this, I have come to the conclusion that my weight gain is normal. I dont over eat or anything but I eat what I want. I also lost about 10lbs in first tri due to morning sickness so that could have something to do with it too.
    I have a midwife appointment tomorrow again, I will see what she says again, Bump was measuring perfectly, so she's not worried, xx

16. Su11

Su11 Mum to H, Leo & Jake

I wouldn't worry at all all pregnancies are so diff this is my 3rd and I've not put any weight on I lost 7.5kg in the beginning
    With my first I put on 6 stone in total and my second I put on around 3 stone.

I'm a dress size 18 and I have had big babies (9lb 3ozs and 10lb 4ozs) but this one looks like its gona be smaller or should I say normal size lol

Hth

17. PAgal

PAgal Well-Known Member

So glad all looks well with the bump:) I am surprised I haven't gained more too-- I was always pretty weight-conscious but I feel like I eat whatever I want now and am certainly not watching my waistline so to speak haha.

18. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

How much you put on is, apparently, related to how much you weighed to begin with. I read somewhere that if you're underweight to begin with, you can expect to put on about three stone, whereas if you are normal weight you can expect to put on two stone and if you are overweight (this is all pre-pregnancy!) then you can expect to put on a stone.

I was just on the border of underweight/normal when I conceived (5 foot six and 8 stone 3) and overall I have put on two and a half stone! By the time I was 28 weeks I had put on about a stone and a half! I think often, if you are a bit heavier to start with, if you are making any changes to your diet, like some people do, you actually lose some of the original weight and put on baby-related stuff instead (sorry, that is not meant to sound like I think that if someone is overweight it is because of their diet or something, I am just not explaining myself very well!).

19. princess.leah

lol - thats hw I explained this to my concerned friend, I said its not as if I was 7st pre pregnancy, therefvore I already had laid down some weight on my hips etc and therefore I didnt have this to gain. Its kinda made sense to me, lol xx

20. m0mmyCool

m0mmyCool Me, OH, and our 2 boys.

I'm 27 weeks. I gained about 10 pounds. Hoping the weight gain stays this steady.