weight gain question

Naimi

Reaction score
I know this is quite a personal question, but how much weight have you gained so far?

I'm really shocked, I gain weight very easily and have really struggled over the the years with my size, but surprisingly I've only gained 6lb in nearly 22 weeks. Most of my books say that a healthy amount is about a stone by now, and 25-35lb in total, so I'm quite shocked at my gain. I'm pleased in a way because when it comes to delivery, the smaller the better :) but I don't want the baby to be unhealthily small. Trust me I eat a fair bit, but I wonder whether I'm eating all the wrong things (ie my indulgence's) and not enough of the good stuff.

How are you all doing? i know every pregnancy is different, but it always helps when you know someone else is doing the same or similar :)

Thanks, Naimi xx

Hi hun,

Im obbessing about my weight gain too lol last time i weighed myself, which i think was sometime last week, i had put on 7lbs, i am eating like mad and its all sweet fatty things, not healthy atall!

I will weight myself again later ( i got to the chemist) and let you know, im sure i would of put on more by now, i certainly feel alot more flabby around my hips than last week.

I have to be careful coz i was overweight to start with, i read that i can only put on around 15lbs, so i think i will prob go over that :(

x

I'm defo a stone + but put on weight easy but think I may have stopped for now & awaiting the big change in one go on that score lol

Hi ladies, I was worrying about my weight as well. In my first trimester I lost weight and now that I am in my second trimester I have only gained about 4-5lbs to date. Part of me is hoping my weight gain is minimal to make the pregnancy easier and also "recovery" easier, but at the same time I worry that I'm not gaining enough.

But then again I figure if the doctors were very concerned they would have said something by now, and I'm sure yours would have too.

P.S. I found this chart while searching online for weight gain averages.

https://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/images/weight_chart.gif

Source: https://www.parentingweekly.com/pregnancy/pregnancy_health_fitness/weightgain_chart.htm#

thats a cool chart!

I just weighted myself, put no more on thank god so still only 7lbs

x

I lost weight about 7 lbs in total i think but ive put that back on now and a extra 3 lbs, i need to be careful though cos i was overweight anyway.
x

Ok well ive just weighed myself and i think ive put on roughly 2lb !!!!!! wtf!! im 8stone 6 at the mo im pretty sure i was 8 . 4 before or maybe it was 8 . 2?! hmmm i dunno now !mind you i havent had tea yet so that will add another few pounds lmao !!

My surgent told me I should only gain5-10lbs the whole pregnancy because Im overweight, scares me because I was 9lbs 13 oz and my DH was 9lbs. I havent gained anything yet, so Im crossing my fingers!

My surgent told me I should only gain5-10lbs the whole pregnancy because Im overweight, scares me because I was 9lbs 13 oz and my DH was 9lbs. I havent gained anything yet, so Im crossing my fingers!

wow 5-10lbs hun, did they give you further advice like diet wise on how to manage the weight gain?

well so far at almost 17 weeks I have been fluctuating. My last weigh in at the doctors on sept.5 was 140 so that was a 5lb gain from the appt before.I weighed myself this morning and im about 134-135..... so I dont know where its going LOL I do feel a little bit small for 16 weeks but the doctor said that its fine. Im trying to eat more but I can only eat what my body wants. But im not complaining LOL

i got myself weighed at start of pregnancy and stayed away from them for 9 month :rofl:

:cloud9:18 1/2 or 19 pounds as of last ob visit which was week 19:hissy:
but i';m doing good cause this time i had only gained a half a pound... supposedly some people gain a lot in the begining and then slow down....which i'm hoping is true for me as welll

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev042pr___.png

I look like I am towards the end of my preganancy and I am only half way,It must be a fluid thing I don't know but I am petrified of the scales at the doc's lol.I think I have been eating ok,mostly healthy things(I get the guilts if i indulge).Oh well back on the treadmill when the baby is born lol.

the baby itself is probably going to weigh at least 7 pounds...how can you only gain 5 pounds?? that seems fishy to me.

I've still only been sitting around 5 lbs... I have my doctors appt on wed so i'll be getting a prescription for my nausea and hopefully it will help alot. I have a feeling all my weight gain is going to happen later on.

the baby itself is probably going to weigh at least 7 pounds...how can you only gain 5 pounds?? that seems fishy to me.

Thats what i was thinking also. See I had Gastric Lap Band Surgery last Dec. and I lost 50lbs . So this 10lb weight gain came from my surgent not my OB. I havent asked my OB what would be healthy because Im kinda scared to know. So now Im in week 13 and Ive gained 2 lbs, I dont know if this alot or not, I already had to buy maternity pants :(

And about did they tell me a diet? LOL no that would be the logical thing right? Sometimes I cant stand doctors lol

I look like I am towards the end of my preganancy and I am only half way,It must be a fluid thing I don't know but I am petrified of the scales at the doc's lol.I think I have been eating ok,mostly healthy things(I get the guilts if i indulge).Oh well back on the treadmill when the baby is born lol.

u might be just bloated--- i looked like that too in the begining but now in the 5th month--i think i kinda look small for 5 ---besides the baby's all that matters right

before i got preg i was 9st 10 then during the first 14 weeks i lost 8lb so went to 9st 2 i have only just got back to my normal weight plus a lb and im 25 weeks +2 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"