Weight gain - too fast!

charlieworld

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have not been concerned about my weight gain until recently.

I am constantly hungry, and am trying hard to eat frequent small, nutritious meals, but my weight is sky-rocketing! I gained reasonaly slowly in the first trimester, only a lb or two, but now my weight is leaping a 1kg/2lb a week or more. I'm at the top end of the "acceptable weight gain" scale and it's bugging me.

I am 5"7'-5"8', weighed a healthy 72kg/11st 4.5lb before pregnant (I'm quite large, but reasonably slim), now I'm 79.6kg!

With my last 2 pregnancies, I gained 12kg and 14kg. At this rate I'm going to gain twice this much.

Feeling all sensitive and weepy today and want to hide under my duvet and cry. My face looks like a marshmallow it's so fat.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes , this is my first pregnancy I weighed 53kg and was 163cm tall pre pregnancy and now I weigh 60 kg I'm 21 weeks now I feel so big , I get very emotionally about my weight feel like a whale not used to feeling big :(

Yup, im gaining like there is no tomorrow. Ive gained 8lb (4kgs) in 9 weeks! Im 5"5' and started at 9st 3lb and im now 9st 11lb.

Thanks ladies. I'm usually pretty good at handling pregnancy hormone/emotions - I guess today is just one of those days.

me too but i feel like i have no appetite somedays and can eat more others but still less than pre pregnancy yet ive put on 8lbs since the start. thing is im slightly overweight so need to gain it more steadily and slowly arghhh i know your supposed to gain weight but want to gain it more slowly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->