Weight Gain Worries

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by JessRbt, Sep 12, 2007.

1. JessRbt

JessRbt Well-Known Member

Ok... so when I got Pregnant for Jace I quit smoking the day I found out. That, combined with the mentality that I was PG and could eat what I wanted led to about 100 lb weight gain! They made me do 4 Glucose tests!

I have struggled for the past 3 years and this year finally managed to take off about 50 of those 100 lbs. I am thrilled that I'm Pregnant again but Terrified! Unfortunatly I had started smoking again in April :dohh: and again.... quit the day I got my BFP. I don't want to put on too much if any weight at all. My nurse said that at my weight I need to eat healthy and if I gain I gain.... if not its still ok. as long as baby is healthy. Right now I am constantly feeling ill but no throwing up yet. So I eat tiny meals.... Drink LOADS of water and have cut out my diet soda. (I heard the artificial sweetner actually puts on weight) So I guess the only thing I wanted to do was vent.... maybe look for some advice on what GREAT healthy snacks are out there and get some encouragement. :blush:

2. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

im exactly the same i hate all my post pregnancy blubber...

my problem is im a grazer (i eat small meals almost all day!) im always at the cupboards even if im not hungry!

3. Kelliegirl3

Kelliegirl3 Active Member

I'm a grazer too!!:blush: I've been trying to keep sugar free Jello in the house......only 10 caleries per serving and it's sweet!

Kellie:headspin:

4. JessRbt

JessRbt Well-Known Member

good idea!

5. Fairy_Girl

Fairy_Girl Active Member

I'm also a grazer..... and I have quite a few pre pregnancy pounds although I'm starting to look pregnant now even at only 9 weeks. I'm soooo terrified of how much faster I'm going to gain weight since I'm carrying twins. The Jello thing is a very good idea. I would also maybe try those 100 calorie packs since your in the USA I know you will have them Jessica. They are nice snacks and not very fattening. They work great if you crave a bit of chocolate.