Weight gain

lucy_smith

Reaction score
Just wondering how much weight you have put on and how far along you are? I've put on 5 pounds at 11 weeks and it seems like a lot
How much weight did u put on with previous pregnancies ?
And does anyone know what's the average amount weight gain in a pregnancy?

This is my first pregnancy! I'm 12 weeks and gained 2 lbs. However, I have a small frame and always had trouble with gaining weight. I heard the first trimester some people lose (due to being sick), some gain, and some stay the same! I believe 5 lbs for the first trimester is pretty normal! It also depends on your weight and height prior to your pregnancy. I'm 5'4 and weighed 120 lbs when I got pregnant. My doctor told me between 25-35 lbs would be a good weight gain :winkwink:

I'm 5'6" and about 125. In the 2 weeks since I've found out I'm pretty sure I've gained about 5 or 6 lbs! We've been going grocery shopping almost every 4 days and it seems like I can't get enough to eat! At this rate Im scared I'll be way over the suggested amount!

I wouldn't stress too much about weight. Focus more on eating right rather than eating a lot and that weight will be gone within a few months of giving birth. I gained a total of 57 lbs. with my daughter and 49 lbs. with my son. My doctor only worried when I *didn't* gain weight, not when I did.

I've gained 8 pounds and am totally freaking! I have started feeling a lot better sickness wise now and have been walking and I'll be getting back to gym once I have my scan. Hopefully things will even out for me!

I'm at 11 weeks and I have gained 2.5lbs. I haven't been to the gym recently but would like a pregnancy class in the next few weeks.

I thought I gained much more but that's all so far!

I'm too scared to get on the scales! I feel like I've put on quite a bit, on top of the extra I was carrying from Xmas, and the little extra I was still carrying from DD four years ago haha!! I am still doing zumba and swimming, but I can just feel my thighs growing!! I put on 4.5 stone with my DD and determined not to let that happen this time.

I'm only 5.5 weeks now so I've not gained anything.

When I had my son I gained 31lbs, and two weeks after he was born I'd lost 31lbs :haha: I could have at least lost one extra pound :dohh:

don';t stress about eating too much... just et healthy,
first pregnancy I gained 82..... ( insane I know right) Lost it
my second I gained 40
and so far nothing ( but only 6+ ) weeks
just make sure to eat a balanced diet and get vitamins in

5.5 weeks here and so so bloated! I feel like I've gained a bunch already. I'm usually a UK size 8 but can't fit my boobs in half my clothes already and have had to get bras a size up from normal...

I've lost about 6lbs but I'm definitely not a skinny minnie so think that and morning sickness has caused that!

I've just tried though to focus on eating healthily as much as morning sickness allows etc and going for a walk. I'm sure if you are doing that your Doctor won't have a problem and all is good for baby!

x

Im 11 weeks and haven't gained anything? I feel and look like I have but I guess its all bloating!

Hi all!
So, I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant and I haven't had the guts to get on the scale so far and weigh myself...I'm scared. Very scared.

I'm a dancer so have always been body conscious. Me and hubs wanted to get pregnant for a while and it actually took us 5 months to conceive naturally, so don't get me wrong, I am beyond thrilled! It's all I think about! But does anyone else fear the weight just won't come off after the pregnancy?

I must add I am eating healthily and a very balanced diet and do not deprive me or the little one of anything at all (although I have refused to cave into my sweet tooth thus far).

It's just that my whole life I've been told "well, honey, wait 'till after the pregnancies, this won't last forever". And I'm just...well, frightened with the changes to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->