weight gain

cherryness

Reaction score
I swear I've put on weight... I worked hard to lose a stone of weight a year ago so I was a healthy weight but I've noticed things getting anug again and I'm only five weeks?! I'm pretty sure this is a case of I slacked off for a bit before I got pregnant but its hard to come around to the idea I will have to work hard after I've had baby. I know its ridiculous. I don't know... Anyone else feel the same ?

Bloat in early pregnancy is SUPER common.

I'm a healthy weight, BUT I have to put forth effort to BE that healthy weight. I'm not a naturally small person.

So from my perspective, here's my two cents for what they're worth:

FOR NOW: While I'm trying not to worry about what I weigh, I am staying aware of it, eating healthy snacks, keeping lots of veggies and fruits in the house.

AS PREGO GOES ON: I will be trying very hard not to overanalyze how much weight I gain. It's just different for everyone. I will try to focus more on what I gain that weight FROM.

I'd rather gain that weight from pretzels or veggies and a light ranch dip than potato chips.

I'd rather gain weight from a watermelon smoothie with a half cup of vanilla ice cream in it than from a binge on a whole pint of Chunky Monkey ice cream.

I am not a believer in fat free or sugar free. If my body wants sugar, it wants sugar. it's just a matter of giving it the right sugar.

This helps me feel like I'm actively working on being healthy. And that helps me feel better about after the baby is born. Being HEALTHY when the baby is born will be a good jump start to loosing the baby weight.

Suffice it to say, I do understand your concern. I can't WAIT to have my baby bump. But I'm 5w2d!!!! The bloat is annoying. I leave my pants unbuttoned most of the time. And while I'm REALLY looking forward to the big ole belly, loosing the weight afterwards is a daunting concept.

But I look at the people I know who have been pregnant, and most of them returned to a healthy weight in a reasonable amount of time, so it must be possible!!!

My pants were tighter this morning. :( I've not been super healthy over the past few days because we have been super rushed but I don't think it's that. I like what Lues said. It's all about moderation. Don't deprive yourself but don't over indulge either. You are going to gain weight, period. I haven't put on any weight just yet but my tummy is bloated and my pants are snug today and I'm only 6 weeks. Just try to eat healthy as much as you can and try to get at least 30 minutes of some form of exercise, even if it's just taking a walk, every day and you should be fine. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->