Weight gain

Hayles

Reaction score
Hi ladies..

I gained quite a lot of weight with my last two pregnancies.. I'm naturally a size 8-10 and 5ft8 and 28 weeks pregnant with my third baby.. My start weight was 9 1/2 stone and I'm now 11 1/2... Is that excessive? I've really tried to eat healthily.. I suffered from anorexia the last 2 years so seeing all this weight creeping up is really difficult.. I'm feeling a bit anxious that I still have 12 weeks left and it's only going to pile on.. My exercise has reduced as I have really bad SPD..
I just wondered if that's a normal weight gain or if it's a lot?

Thanks Sam xxxx

You have absolutely nothing to worry about, thats a great weight to be at. I know its disheartening to see the numbers go up but remember this is your baby it is not you putting this on, you wont be left with it after baby is here. If you have any concerns have a chat with your mw/doctor they can help reassure you when you get anxious.

I have been on modified bed rest and put on A LOT more weight than I am comfortable with. Remember that it is for a good cause and after baby is born the effort can (and in my case WILL) be made to take it off. During pregnancy however the best you can do is ensure that you are eating as healthy as possible.
Are you planing on bf? I hear that really helps take the weight off afterwards as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->