Weight gain

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am now 8.5 weeks pregnant and my weight is rocketing. Ok not rocketing but my tummy is huge and I've put on 4lbs already. I read you're meant to out on 5lb in the first trimester so I'm nearly there already.

I feel so sick the only way to stop it is to eat. I'm trying to eat fruit instead but k am eating good rubbish too.

I was at least half a stone heavier when I got my BFP than with my son five years ago and I ended up putting on 2.5 stone with him.

I'm dreading putting on so much weight. But the idea of exercise is grim with this nausea.

Any ideas?

Nope. Just do what you can to survive this first trimester, and then try to eat healthy to gain weight more steadily once you are feeling better.

I am the exact same. I need to eat or else I feel so so nauseous. And thinking about a salad makes me want to puke.

Good luck :flower:

I wouldn't worry, I don't weigh myself during pregnancy so be interesting to see what the scales say when I see the midwife on Wednesday!

As long as you're not gorging on junk food 24/7 I'm sure you'll be ok, you've got to do whatever you can to survive 1st tri!

I have no advice, either. Just do what you need to in order to get through the nausea/vomiting stage, then worry about eating healthy and taking walks, etc. when you're feeling more human.

I gain a dramatic amount of weight in the first & second tri- when I'm on the anti-nausea medications. Once I am able to stop those (16 weeks w/ DD, 20 weeks w/ DS) then my weight gain calms down and is mostly just the baby and water weight. I gained about 25-30 pounds/2ish stones by 20 weeks this time. I ate what I could keep down (sometimes just chicken broth, literally, for days- I have severe nausea/vomiting) and let my body do the rest. I guess being so sick and the medications just convince my body I should hold onto every ounce of fat that I consume? Either way, during both pregnancies my doctors have told me multiple times it is perfectly normal for some women to gain all their weight at the beginning and not to worry. At 35 weeks, I have gained about 35 pounds/2ish stones total- and baby measures a couple of weeks ahead.

Don't worry about weight gain right now. I told DH "Survival is the name of the game right now!" many, many times! Once you get to the other side, then you can prioritize healthy eating and exercise. Good luck!:hugs:

Thanks ladies. I've tried to eat healthier today but I just feel so sick and don't fancy any fruit other than apples.

Oh well, hopefully I will have energy soon for exercise!

At one point during my severe nausea/vomiting, the only thing I didn't vomit was Cheetoh Puffs. Talk about unhealthy! It only lasted a day or two and then I was able to move to other items as well but for several weeks, if I was horribly nauseated (like at work) I would eat a few Cheetohs to calm my tummy. With my DD- it was bacon. I'm not kidding, so weird!! But do what you can when you can and then don't feel bad if you have a couple of days of eating crap! The days you feel better are the days you can jump into the fruits/veggies/whole foods and chow down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->