weight gain :(

2cheekyboys

Reaction score
Hi guys, so i know it's not the end of the world and alot of people are going through worse things. I stupidly just weighed myself.i havent weighed myself in a long time. All i know is that april last year i was 2 stone lighter.it took me so much determination and will power to lose the 25pounds that i did to get to that weight last year. I am devastated.

So basically this brings me to 11stone 10pounds at nearly 10 weeks. It feels way too high to be starting off knowing that i am only going to put on a lot more weight. And i know its only temporary and its in doing an amazing thing but i think bloody hormones are on overdrive today and making me feel really quite sh** about it :(

2cheeky, sorry to hear you're having a rough day of it. I'm also starting this pregnancy heavier then I would like. On some days, I feel just like you describe :( Today, I'm doing alright, and here's what I try to keep in mind on my good days: it doesn't have to be as bad as it seems right this second.

When you feel up to it, might want to talk to your midwife about ideal weight gain this pregnancy. My OB suggested I should try to gain only ten pounds. I don't know if I will be able to achieve that goal, but I'm going to try. That would be just baby and no extra fat for me. That way, once the baby comes I won't be any worse off than I am now. But of course, you already weigh a lot less than me, and I don't know how tall you are so talk to the midwife before you set a weight goal for this pregnancy.

Another thing I recommend is keep active - not only does it help with keeping weight gain under control during pregnancy, it makes labor go a lot easier. Even if it's just taking a walk for 30 minutes every day, it makes a huge difference.

I'm sorry you're feeling down on yourself today. But just remember, you are beautiful and you're doing an amazing thing!

I am sorry you are feeling bad... Don' t be. Main thing is that your pregnancy is progressing well.

Eat healthy, try to do as much light exercising as you can and don' t stress.

I also am the heaviest I have been in the last two years... BUT. Funny thing, when in the beginning I used to weight a stone lighter (constant dieting, gruelling sport) pregnancy wouldn't happen.

Now, I am heavier than I wanted to be, but I got pregnant - I guess, my body feels good at this weight.

I will try though NOT to gain any more weight than I should.
Will monitor my weight and what I eat. Also will do some light sport.

Good luck to you too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"