weight gain

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by cowboys angel, Jan 31, 2011.

1. cowboys angel

cowboys angel new mama & wife and ttc#2

I just have a question. Every time someone asks me how much I've gained, I take a lot of crap because I've only gained 7lbs something on top of my prepregnancy weight. I think. But then I heard the other day I'm counting wrong.

At the beginning of this pregnancy, I lost 6lbs. I gained that back, and then gained just under 8 back. So have I gained 8-ish pounds, or 14-ish during pregnancy so far?

2. rachael872211

rachael872211 I love my little family

Well...............I would say 8lb, cos you lost weight so it really can't add onto your gain.

I lost 9lb at the beginning of my pregnancy..........but i've lost count now of the losses and gains now.........so I just remember what my pre-pregnancy weight is, and what I am now and thats my gain. x

3. R J 1980

R J 1980 Well-Known Member

Well technically you've gained 14 right? I would just say, "I lost some in the beginning, but gained 14 pounds since."

4. booker1981

booker1981 Expecting # 2

See ive been wondering this too.

I started at 10 stone 10 lbs and went down to 10 stone 3 lbs due to morning sickness.

I now weight 11 stone 6 lbs.

So have i gained 1 stone 3 lbs or 10 lbs?

Its all very confusing!!!

5. cowboys angel

cowboys angel new mama & wife and ttc#2

Haha okay. Yeah I figured the loss didn't count, but then someone told me it did, so I wasn't sure...pregnancy's full of weird math anyway. :)

I'm actually quite glad I haven't gained a whole bunch of weight, cuz it'll be easier for me to lose it after childbirth...and my OB isn't complaining...too much lol.