Weight gain????

hopefully85

Reaction score
How much have u all put on?? I'm 20 weeks 2morro & I've put on 8lb!!!!!! Is that a lot??? Xx

I'm almost the same - I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and, last time I checked, I had put on 7lbs. I thought that was ok - but then again I am considered obese, so shouldn't be putting on more than 14lbs for the entire pregnancy!! Hope I can manage that!! I think though that 8lbs in 20 weeks is perfectly normal xx

I'll be 20 weeks on Tuesday and I've gained about 10lb which I think is about right for the halfway stage!

Not at all - totally fine!
Remember everyone put on different amounts at different times! As long as you are eating well and as healthy as possible (sometimes hard if you have ms) then everything will be fine! I put on a little more than that and I am only 15 weeks :haha: But with my last I put on the majority of my baby weight early in the pregnancy even though I was eating well throughout. Everyone is different!

I've gained about 35lbs so far last I looked 2 weeks ago, but the doctor said for me that is good because I needed to gain weight just to support this baby. I was way too skinny before pregnancy so body needed to compensate for that. Was not underwieght by choice mind you. I had to work to keep it on. She said the baby weight that I have gained is just about right on track at about 7lbs.

I feel really heavy & tight around my stomach cannot imagine another 4 months!!! Xx

Oh dear god, I've put on 10 pounds and I'm only just 19 weeks :( Oops!!

I'm 21 weeks +4 and I've put on about 6 - 7lbs so far. Had to go up a jean size yesterday when I visited Mothercare. The new jeans are slightly loose. My hubby's comment - you have room to grow into them. Nooooo!

I dont really think anyone can compare as everybody is different. I have a huge bump for 13 weeks and have gained 7lbs but I eat regular and healthy everyday as I did before pregnancy, I still have the occasional take away once a week. (Plus a few more sour sweets)! I haven't trained for 16 weeks though and used to train 6 days a week. So that could be some of the reason. My midwife said she gained most of her weight before 3d tri and said not to worry... My weight came on quite quickly but has stayed the same for a few weeks.

I'm nearly 23 weeks on Friday and i haven't gained a pound, i think i may have lost a few in the early days due to MS but now i'm back to pre preg. I have def lost weight around my hips arms, and maybe legs so think this is compensating for the baby weight. I am not too concerned and sure i will start putting on shortly. Baby was measuring perfectly at the 20wk scan, only her legs were slightly longer (like me!) so i'm sure all is okay.

At my 19 week appointment, i'd put on 10lbs and im having twins :shrug:

I last weighed at 21 weeks and I'd put on 16lbs.

Completely happy with this - I know I haven't put on any weight significantly anywhere on my body other than my ever-growing bump and I'm trying to stay as active as possible, and eat as well as I can (fussiness permitting) as well as enjoying treats.

I think there is a risk you can get so focused on your weight gain that you don't enjoy the pregnancy.

I wouldnt worry about gaining weight just enjoy the pregnancy..

I lost 3 stone a few years back, although I dont want to gain that again I no I can lose it if I do..

I last got weighed at 14 + 6 and had put on 7 pounds, I just want it to start looking like a baby bump rather than fat though! (I have plenty of excess weight to start with!) xxx

One important thing to remember in threads like this: women who are really depressed about their weight gain stop weighing, much of the time. And even the ones that do keep weighing don't post, because they are embarrassed. Which means most everyone who does post is on the low end of the normal spectrum, which makes everyone else feel like even more of a freak.

Personally, I've gained 17 lbs at 21 weeks. It's not worrying me, though, because I'm watching it very carefully, tracking my calories every day, weighing every day, exercising every day. And the rate has really slowed down: I haven't put on any in the last two weeks, for example. So I am hoping I am just one of those that puts their weight on early.

But even if I end up gaining 35-40 lbs total, I don't really mind. I've taken it off before and I can do it again.

Depending on your starting weight, 8 pounds at 20 weeks is totally fine!

I started at a healthy weight, put on 12 by 20 weeks, and weighed in at my 22 week appointment at +22 total. They said that's right on track to be under +35 for the whole pregnancy.

Everybody is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"