weight gain

JeffsWife07

Reaction score
I gained 16 lbs. my first trimester. Is this normal? How much did you gain? What do you plan to do after baby is here to lose the weight?:blush:

I have gained 10lbs so far (at 23 weeks) and I was average weight before the pregnancy. I have only gained weight in my belly and boobs, I haven't had any real crazy junk food cravings..and I drink tons of water.

I just plan to eat well...breast feed (hopefully) and work out to loose the weight!

I think the average for the first trimester is 3-5 pounds..and then 1-2 pounds every week depending on your starting BMI though. I would talk to your doctor/midwife for what is healthy for you.

I've only gained 5lbs so far (mind you I have an appt on Tuesday so you can probably add on another 5lbs).
I plan on breastfeeding (which apparently is the quickest way to get rid of that extra weight gained) and LOTS of walks with the baby!! Fresh air will be good for the lil one..plus we live in a fantastic neighborhood that's great for pushing a stroller around :) Actually can't wait to do walks with my LO!

I have not gained a single pund yet :(

I guess what's a normal weight gain depends on your BMI pre-pregnancy. If you were underweight to begin with, you'd be expected to gain a little bit more than the standard 25-35 lb weight gain overall.

I think I gained about 12 lbs at the end of my first trimester, which was a little more than I was expcting since I was just of the right weight for my height pre-pregnancy AND that despite the fact that I was throwing up pretty much everyday! :blush:

Right now, I've gained up 17 lbs total already, and while I wish it wasn't that much, I try not to worry too much about it. So long as the baby is healthy, and I try to eat as much healthy food as possible, it should be ok. I must admit, I do indulge in a chocolate here and there! :blush:

Oh, I forgot to answer about my weight loss program after pregnancy. Well, I do plan to breastfeed so that'll help. I hope to go back to biking to and from work, which I stopped doing when I got pregnant. I was never very good with going to the gym and stuff. Uhm.... what else... I guess the first few months of sleepless nights after the baby is born will help :rofl:

I too have put on about 12/13 lbs too:cry:

But I do have quite a big bump for 13 weeks....:blush:

Hopefully things will start to slow down a little.

I plan on starting ante-natal yoga next week and swimming maybeonce a week just to keep me trim (ish) whilst pg and then I plan on breast feeding and walking with lo too!

In the first 16 or so weeks I put on about 5lbs, but now it's shot up to 10lbs! Eek, must be all those bags of Revels I've been scoffing!

I actually havent weighed myself yet think i mite now though

Last Doctors appointment I had gained 16 lbs all together, that was at 21 weeks. A little more than I maybe should have, but not enough to be entirely concerned.

It's different for everyone, only you will know what is right for you. I have only gained 2lbs so far, having lost a couple in first tri. I can actually see that my bum has got smaller! So I'm really pleased. I wasn't slim to begin with though, so I was definitely hoping not to gain much weight. It could still all change from here on though!

I'll be breast feeding too, all being well, and will just try to eat healthily and go for walks. I don't worry too much about my weight, although I still reserve the right to complain about my size :rofl:

I have put on nearly 2 stone so far! I pan to breastfeed, and take lots of walks, hopefully that will work! Not too worried about losing it really quickly, after all it takes us 9 months to get that big in the first place!

i have put on 8lb so far, most of that in the last three weeks...

I plan on gaining and loosing the weight slowly to avoid stretchmarks, so after the birth i will set small weekly targets and probably do some walking with baby and dog, healthy eating and may join the gym if i put on lots of weight.

My mum put on 3 stone when she had me, and we are comparing our weight gain and im slightly slower than she was with me but i think i will catch up! its quite weird at how close it is to be honest lol

xxx

I've only put on about 4-5lbs (I think, that was at 16wks; might be a tad more now) but I was a little bit underweight to start with AND I lost weight in first tri not being able to eat much.. My doc doesn't want to 'let' me put on more than 12kg though (just over 25lbs) 'cause he says I'll then be back to 'normal' weight almost immediately (I assume immediately means like within 4-5months)...
We bought a jogging stroller (I'm a runner, or was!) so Im hoping to do loads of jog/walks w/ LO and breastfeeding... I'll go back to playing footie too, as soon as I can pump my milk... Hope that'll do it!
xx

I've no idea how much I've put on (don't have any scales at home) it's only bump & boobs tho have got bigger
After pregnancy then I'll be back to the gym to shift it

I've gained 3-4 lbs but was about 20 lbs overweight to begin with. I'm hoping to only gain 15lbs by the time I give birth. I completely changed my diet and I've been eating a lot healthier. I plan to keep it up and exercise after Shim is born.

I went from 118 to 122 but that was at my last appointment and that was umm when I was 6w3d grrrr I am sure I must of hit 125 or more now. I plan on breast feeding too :D

Im 25 weeks today (god thats scary), I weighed myself this morning and Ive put on 11/12 lb so far, I was overweight to begin with but I think Im only putting weight on my tummy and possibly boobs, not sure how I will lose the weight yet, not really thinking about it, Im going to express milk though so hope that will help, more walking and Im sure with having 3 children I should be kept quite busy :blush:

I've put on 22 pounds. But I'm not sure where? I'm just now getting a bump. My face is slightly plumper...but not much. Oh yeah...my boobs! That's where it is.

In the first 16 or so weeks I put on about 5lbs, but now it's shot up to 10lbs! Eek, must be all those bags of Revels I've been scoffing!

10lbs is NOT very much at all, especially for how far along you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->