weight gain

Ive put on about 16lbs so far most of that has been in the last 3 weeks I think. I put on about 8lbs in the first trimester. Havent really thought about losing weight after.

Still nothing... Do you think that's ok? Very lardy before pregnancy though!

i'm almost 15 weeks and haven't put on any, but i was definately overweight before becoming pregnant. I'm hoping to only put on 10-15 pounds but we'll see.....:rofl:

Have been feeling pretty smug, having only gained 4lbs up to last week. I weighed myself this morning though and have put on almost 3lbs just in the last week! :dohh: Too much cake or a baby growth spurt? Who knows?!

I didn't weigh myself before pregnancy but I think I have ained about 6lbs roughly.

I actually feel lighter than a few weeks ago,I think I hold a lot of water though.
Its all in my bump and boobs and bit starting on top of my thighs!

I haven't fancied food much this time,just bland stuff and healthy,I have gone off all fried food and junk.

if you're having normal weight to begin with, 10-12 lbs per trimester is ok

I was very underweight to begin with. At 5 foot 5 inches I weighed in at 100 lbs. soaking wet. I smoked a pack of cigs a day and really didn't eat that much. Once I found out I was preggie I stopped smoking and started eating. I think that's where the 16 lbs. come from. I am now up to 118. I've gained in my boobs ( first time in my life I can fill a B cup :happydance:) and my bump. My face has gotten pudgier and you can't see my ribs anymore.

I told DH today I was happy with my weight and not smoking. He is thrilled. He says he loves my new body. I have struggled with anorexia snice I was 15 so I can honestly say I am cured. I am finally happy with what I see in the mirror.

I plan to breastfeed as well and take walks and maybe workout (just to tone).

That's really great Jeffswife: well done. I think everyone's so different. That's why they don't really weigh you at every appt anymore. I gained 5 llbs during the first trimester and then another 4 lbs in a week!!! I am eating like a horse though, and my bump has suddenly popped. As long as you're eating well, I don't think anyone really worries what your weight's doing.
After I've had the baby, I'll do what I did with my other 2: breastfeed and lots of walking. It took me nearly a year with both, but that's a reasonable amount of time to shed the weight I think. These bloody celebs out on the red carpet in a tiny dress 4 weeks after the birth need a flipping great kick!

That's great Jeff'swife. I hope it stays that way for you as you get bigger and then after the birth. I am definitely coming to the opinion that being pregnant changes a lot of people's self body image. I find I look in the mirror and just grin all the time now, where before I would try to avoid seeing my naked body!

I look healthy and vibrant, even though I know that I'm still carrying extra fat around my hips and thighs and over my bump, the difference now is that I appreciate how important that fat is to my body right now! The lack of weight gain in us larger ladies is down to the reserves we were already carrying being tapped into for energy for growing this wonderful new life :happydance:

If I wasn't pregnant, but my belly had expanded this much, I would easily expect to weigh a stone plus more than I did 5 months ago, based on appearance. And yet it's all of 1-2lbs weight gain. I'm thrilled, but trying not to get complacent!

I'm still a couple of pounds under what I was before getting my :bfp: thanks to MS. I'm starting to put on some weight now and as the sickness is more intermittent, should continue to do so.

I'll be breastfeeding and am looking forward to all those walks in the spring sunshine :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->