• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Weight - help!

emski803

Expecting 1st baby
Reaction score
Hiya fellow preggos, I was wondering if you could help me - I have just been for my triple test and the midwife took my weight and I have gained 7 lbs which seems such a lot when Im overweight already, Im worried Ive put on too much too soon, did anybody else put on and how much????

I really dont want to be worrying about my weight as Im trying to eat healthy but Im still suffering from M/S and am finding it hard to eat properly and find myself eating what I fancy which tends to be sweet stuff or bread!

Just wondering if this is normal.....

Im jealous! I was overweight already and ive put on a stone and a half!!! Dont worry!! xx

hi before i got pregnant i was 9 stone, and by the time i went for my booking appointment i had put on a stone, that was on the 16th november, and i got weighed again yesterdy and i have out another 4 pounds on and im only 16 weeks today xx

I would be happy with 7lbs! Isttimemummy - I am like you! I was slightly over 9st - probably about 9st 3lb (post holiday weight!!) when I fell pregnant, and I am 10st 4 now! I was 10st 6...but I have had a winter vomiting bug this weekend (gross...I thought I was dying) which has knocked the numbers down slightly. I am not really eating any differently, but I am not exercising anymore so that's not helping. I think most of it is on my boobs though...I've increased three cup sizes!

So all in all Emski...don't worry, you're doing just fine x

I know I shouldnt worry unless Im eating bad all the time but its hard to let go! I am seriously hungry all the time aswell, 5am this morning I couldnt sleep because I was so hungry! Its weird this pregnancy milarky!

x Thanks all youve made me feel much better x

I was just looking up this on internet as I've put on 7lb already, I found this & it kinda made me feel at ease as I think I'm right on track to being "normal" (or as normal as normal can be)

"If your pre-pregnancy weight was in the healthy range for your height (a BMI of 18.5 to 24.9), you should gain between 25 and 35 pounds, gaining 1 to 5 pounds in the first trimester and about 1 pound per week for the rest of your pregnancy for the optimal growth of your baby."

Try not to worry about it though & remember it's not all your weight, there's also baby, water, bigger boobs etc too!! :)

Joanne xx

I didn't put much on until 20 weeks, i put on 1lb and at 21 weeks-now i have gained a total of 12lb, everyone is different! x

ive gained 15lbs hun. when i was waking up hungry or when i had the nausia i had some cereal that helped, a cup of cereal. i also try to get out and do some walking every day. i gave up smoking when i got my BFP (when i smoked i could eat what i wanted and didnt really gain weight) so i have found i am eating more and the exercise has been a god send. its good for baby and blood flow, but also good to help me not gain too much weight xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"