weight issue

fivebyfive

TTC #1 CYCLE 3
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondered if anyone else is in my position.

Im suffering with PCOS and this isnt helping my weightloss, I am a good few stones overweight but so very desperate for a baby.

We have decided to wait until im ready - he'd have one tomorrow but im scared of the docs reaction as im overweight.

Im losing weight but its a slow progress and i have had tests at docs which indicate im in perfect health re blood pressur etc.

Just wondered if anyone else had been like this, would you lose all the weight then try, or just go for it. Afterall, it may take 1 month, or 5 yrs - who knows???

thanks

Hi I'm not in your position, but just wanted to wish you all the best!

I weighed 15 st when I got pregnant with my last 2 children and although I ended up with preeclampsia that was due to me being diabetic. I was 14 st when I lost my 2 pregnancies and now I got pregnant around 14st 3lb this time so I have always been big. I have know very large ladies have perfectly fit and healthy babies and have had an easy pregnancy. It is a personal choice for you hun and as you say you may a long time to become pregnant and if so do you want to a year to lose weight and then maybe another year to get pregnant. Or do you want to start now and just see what happens.

Good luck with your choice hun xxx

i'm both trying and loosing weight, yes it is a slow process, i'm loosing an average of 1lb a week which will help keep the weight of and help your body adjust to its new size without leaving loads of excess skin (effect of loosing wieght v.quickly)
I've lost 10lb in 11 weeks, i still have my off days where i need a binge, but i'm only human!

Good luck whatever you decide.

I'm with everybody else, it's a personal choice. But if you want to try now then why hold back?

HI! Just wanted to agree with the other ladies. I have one little girl and am trying for #2...if you go by my BMI, I am obese, eventho I work out regularly and eat well I have a VERY hard time losing weight. I have always struggled with the weight issues as obesity is in my genes.
If you feel you are up to it then go for it. Keep working on the weight loss, because you are right....it could be right away, or it could take longer.

Good luck and baby dust to you!

Hun I am 12 weeks pregnant and am very overweight! I am a tall girl but am nowhere near what I should weigh! My midwife has said that yes I am overweight but because I am young and for the most part healthy, my blood pressure is fine, I eat well for the most part but like my junk, and family history is good she said everything should be fine!
There is just such a myth about heavier women having all these problems when pregnant. Yes we may be more prone to getting gestational diabetes but anyone can get that! Some of the healthiest babies come from heavier women!
Try when you are ready whether that is now or when you start to get rid of some weight! :)

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I think that if you're overweight because you eat junk, then maybe wait until your body is healthier so you can nourish the baby well. But it sounds like you are generally healthy (and hell, skinny girls often eat worse than bigger girls) and struggle with your weight because of PCOS. In that case, if you think your body would cope with the pregnancy well and you're eating well, then go for it! Like you say, you don't know how long it'll take.

Really didn't mean my post above to be offensive as I know from experience that being overweight isn't always just due to eating badly.

To be honest, if the only thing holding you back is your weight - I'd say go for it :)

I've got PCOS too, and my coil is coming out in October, and after that it'll be up to mother nature - I have a strange case of PCOS in that it's never affected my weight, my hormones (apparently) or actually anything at all, except for my periods - recently I've been getting them every month or every two months, but they have varied from no periods at all for over a year to one every two weeks, since they started when I was 19. I think with PCOS, it's going to be enough of a roller-coaster anyway that there's no need to add to the worry by stressing about your weight.

Lots of big girls walking about my area with baby bumps or tiny babies in buggies - I doubt your doctor will turn around and say you can't have a babe because you're heavy, if you're already preggie :)

Good luck with it all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"