Weight issues

Discussion in 'Teen Pregnancy' started by Love Bunny, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

I've put on loads of weight since I got pregnant and I don't like it :'( ! I know its mainly baby weight and my body changing but its still a shock to the system. My boobs which are usually quite petite are now HUGE and wellll stretchmarky and not the light ones they are like dark red/purple :cry: and i'm so worried they are gonna now look hideous for the rest of my life! Also I've put on about a stone and a half since I found out... I'm used to being a size 9 between 6st 3/4 or 7st 1/4 and now i'm nearly 9st. I know weight isnt what I *SHOULD* be worrying about but i still am :\ ! I've never really been self consious until now and now i'm absolutly terrified that my body wont bounce back to my happy weight! I'm just preying I dont get any belly stretchmarks cause they just seem to be appearing everywhere but there and its really getting me down :'(

I was a club podium dancer til i found out i was pregnant and absolutly loved it, now i'm worried I'll never be able to do it again :( :(

sorry about the rant :'( x

2. krockwell

krockwell 3 Gorgeous Boys!

:hugs:
    Sorry you're feeling down about your bod right now hun, BUT just try to remember that in the end, you'll have your beautiful little bundle of joy in your arms, and marks and size won't matter - as long as both you and your little love are happy and together!

♥

3. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

Thanks hun :( just feeling a bit down about my body! as most of us women sometimes do xxx

4. etcetera

etcetera Well-Known Member

I know how you feel...kind of.

I haven't started showing yet, but I've put on some pounds. I've always been a size 0 and i'm afraid that I won't be after I have the baby.. ):

but oh well. life goes on, right?

5. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

Thats understandable, having a changing body is kinda scary i think.Have you tried bio-oil? i plan to use that soon to prevent stretch marks,my sister used it everyday while she was pregnant and has literally not one stretch mark! So long as your eating healthy your size doesnt matter, your half way through your pregnancy and i bet you look gorgeous! Hope you feel better and remember you cant see a rainbow without experiancing a little rain :)

6. Love Bunny

Love Bunny Guest

Yeaah deffinatly guys - thanks :) ! its still just like ARGH! ive always watched my weight (not in a control freak kinda way but i mean healthy eating kinda way) and i pride myself on not being over weight and being healthy and now its like ARGH! stretchmarks! what did i do to deserve this!!!! hahahaa xxxx

7. cupcake

cupcake Mommy of a gorgeous boy!

sorry to hear you are having a difficult time, your body does change in many ways during pregnancy and ill be honest some of those things do stay, like stretch marks, but they also fade. You may be like me who lost all the weight in two months just from nursing, or you may be like some woman who need to hit the gym to get it off after the recovery period from birth, one things for sure you can always work on getting back into shape. Your boobs will go down if you dont breastfeed, and if you do then after you stop.
    Its not easy to see changes in your body that you dont like but its temporary xx

8. This is what happens when you are pregnant. You put on weight and you get marks. Your body changes in many ways and somethings will never go back. You can be lucky and get no stretchmarks or minimal stretchmarks. You can also be lucky and your breasts may not change too much (pregancy changes breasts not breast feeding) and you may loose all the weight in weeks.
    You also might not. You are going to have to accept it as a cost of having a child.

9. shocker

shocker Well-Known Member

I dunno im quite worried about the whole body changing thing, ive been getting treatment for an eating disorder for the last 6 years so im trying really really hard to not worry over this.I gained a few pounds then lost a few and now ive just decided that i will not weight myself unless the doctor asks, im trying to eat healthy but does anyone else find that you just dont know what your supposed to be eating??

10. kellysays2u

kellysays2u Guest

Your baby is changing your body as she needs it to be. The last thing on your mind should be weight issues but I know that it creaps up. I had an eating disorder very bad prior to being pregnant. Getting pregnant gave me the strength to stop but now I have relapses and my weight is constantly on my mind. I am sorry to say to you that your stretch will never fully go away but they WILL fade to silvery. I have the worst stretchmarks my doctor has ever seen so trust me and believe me I know it can be worse. Mine are through all the layers of the skin DARK purple while pregnant I even had one that bled. So I know it can be a lot worse trust me. Just treat them as love marks and think of the premie moms that never get there love marks.