Weight loss? Anyone else?

Laurans

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am 6+1 and have had 2 miscarriages since last sept. I have no symptoms at all now (I did have one sore boob and tiredness for a week)
The only thing is iv lost 5-6 lbs in last 2 weeks (now 7st 11 or 109lbs)
I'm diabetic so am strict and healthy with my diet anyway so can't see any plausible reason for it.

Had anyone had this as a pregnancy symptom or am I clutching at straws?
Thanks ladies x

Hi :wave:
I always lose weight when I'm pregnant. I'm slim anyway and to be honest I can't help but wonder whether it's quitting alcohol that does it for me. I'm not an alcoholic or anything but I like a glass of wine with dinner so I guess that could add up in terms of calories? I understand your worries, I'm worried too. I'm 8 weeks and my symptoms are trailing off which happened with my mmc. I have asscan booked for tomorrow but thinking of trying to move it forward to today as another sleepless night seems pointless. Do you have any US booked?

Hi Cattia, thanks for your reply, I have read quite a few of your posts (if I'm not getting mixed up)
Yes I have a scan August 27th (next wed!) which would be 7+3 and like you the previous miscarriages and loss of symptoms are a great source of stress! The terrible thing is even if I do see a heartbeat I'm not sure it will reassure me for long as the last baby I saw it twice then miscarried at 10.5 weeks. If you don't mind me asking...did you suspect a miscarriage last time?
Interesting that you get weight loss too! I also enjoy a drink (and whereas last pregnancy I wouldn't have wanted one if I tried! This time i really miss it) thing is I only used to drink sugarless carb free drinks (vodka diet coke) so haven't lost any calories this way!
If you can move your appt forward then why not? What's the point in more stress! I hate the fact that if my pregnancy is viable I'm stressing like this!
The only reason I'm reluctant to go this week is my Retroverted uterus so they seem not to be able to see things very well so dont think I will get any reassurance even if pregnancy is ok!
I hope you get your scan, I'm keeping everything crossed for you! Pleas let me know how it goes!
Take care x:flower:

I lost quite a few pounds during the first trimester, I was very nauseas but it's slowly coming back now that my appetite is back :haha:

Thanks, I've moved the scan to this evening so at least I will know, but like you say the reassurance will last about five minutes even if it's good news! Last time I was pretty sure I had mc because my symptoms had stopped completely and I just felt something was wrong. This time things are more up and down but I'm trying to prepare for bad news so anything else is a bonus. I think you said in your previous post you are in Switzerland? What's the maternity care like? Am keeping everything crossed for you, it's such a scary time, if I get to second tri maybe I'll relax a bit..

I lost quite a few pounds during the first trimester, I was very nauseas but it's slowly coming back no w that my appetite is back :haha:

Mummy to be can't believe you're 21 weeks already! Hope you're enjoying second tri, is definitely the best imo Xx

I lost quite a few pounds during the first trimester, I was very nauseas but it's slowly coming back no w that my appetite is back :haha:

Mummy to be can't believe you're 21 weeks already! Hope you're enjoying second tri, is definitely the best imo Xx

Hi Cattia! I know it's crazy, it's flying by for me. Do you have a scan tonight then? Keeping everything tightly crossed for you Hun I'm sure this will be your time :hugs: xx

Hi I'm 10 weeks and have lost two kilos so far and it's not due to being sick I haven't thrown up once! I have also had 4 previous miscarriages due to my husband having a balanced translocation. I think when you have had previous miscarriages it can be such a stressful time in the first trimester and I have had 3 small bleeds so far so I think it's possibly the stress! With all my other miscarriages though we never saw a heartbeat and this time the baby has grown the right amount and had a good heart beat every time and I would say at the start I had not many symptoms I actually think I had more with some of my miscarriages! My symptoms have come and gone the whole time I still don't know what will happen but I wouldn't base too much on weight loss and symptoms after this experience, I'm the thinnest I have ever been too!

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Fern,yeah maybe some of it is nervous energy that keeps us trim! Lol
Mummy to be, do you feel relaxed about your pregnancy now! When did you stop feeling nervous!
Cattia, everything crossed for you! I can't wait to your good news later!
As for maternity care here in Switzerland....oh gosh...ok so everyone says I have just been unlucky but here are a few snippets

1. Receptionist refused to give me an appt earlier than 7 weeks last pregnancy even though dr had told me I must go in as soon as found out I was pregnant! Oops in the receptionist forgot I was supposed to be given progesterone! = another miscarriage
2. One day they told me I had a serious problem with my uterus and may need further surgery...we will phone you with results early AM....nope forgot and then lied and got caught out big time!
3. Karyotyping done, again no results sent to me or gynaecologist .....what was even more lovely is that I found out my baby had turners in a one sentence email.......oh sorry did we not send you any results??
4 . You need to see a genetic counsellor about chance of repeated turners.....mmmmm why because it's a random genetic event...oh yeah I forgot that!
5. Asked for folic acid ( I am meant to take 5MG per day during pregnancy as diabetic!) the diabetic consultant actually asked me why!!!!! I'm serious!! Looked it up in her book and said nope we dont make that in Switzerland.....oh yes you do because I now get it from the uni hospital ( where my diabetic care is now great!)
6 after the heartbreak of the D and C a bill of 11,000francs ( I didn't stay overnight!)

Now either I'm the unluckiest person here or other people are just blinded by the posh hospitals which are like hotels...I'm talking chocolates on your pillow, wine menus and fluffy slippers

Sorry girls.....that rant felt gooooooood! Poor Cattia will wish she never asked!

I finally feel relaxed now, I had two misscariges so it took me until around 14 weeks to feel at ease. Now that I can feel him moving about I feel much better :)

I've been reading lately that hcg can cause weightloss. A lot of women seem to lose some weight right off the hop and then slowly gain it back (or quickly, haha) in the coming months. As long as you're being healthy, I wouldn't worry :)

Laurens, that really is awful, I had this idea that everything in Switzerland would be ulta efficient, probably only based on the fact I went on holiday there once and that's how it seemed! I guess we really can't moan about our NHS.

ANYWHOW...good news for me so far! Saw a little bean with a strong hb measuring bang on dates at 8+1. It's still too early for me to be celebrating just yet but I do feel better knowing that at least I'm past the point where I mc last time.

I lost 12 lbs in the early weeks of my pregnancy, it was my first symptom. The HCG hormone tends to be a great weight loss technique!

Congratulations :)

Laurens, that really is awful, I had this idea that everything in Switzerland would be ulta efficient, probably only based on the fact I went on holiday there once and that's how it seemed! I guess we really can't moan about our NHS.

ANYWHOW...good news for me so far! Saw a little bean with a strong hb measuring bang on dates at 8+1. It's still too early for me to be celebrating just yet but I do feel better knowing that at least I'm past the point where I mc last time.

Wow that's great Cattia!!! I know the overall worry isn't over yet but at least for a while you can relax and dare I say it enjoy it... Ok maybe that's going a bit far but such a positive result so far! So pleased for you! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

I lost 12 lbs in the early weeks of my pregnancy, it was my first symptom. The HCG hormone tends to be a great weight loss technique!

Congratulations :)

It seems so! It's not a symptom I'd ever read about but plenty of women seem to have experienced the same so there's definitely something in it! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->