Weight Loss before Baby

I also have loads of weight to loose. I'm really unhealthy and it's so hard with the weight loss. My biggest problem is that I feel exhausted all the time and have no energy to do any fitness but I must pull myself together. We are going on holidays to Portugal on the 12th for a week and I've promised myself that I will pull myself together after that. I've bought zumba fitness for the WII as loads of people on here have said they got in shape with that.

I haven't been told but I know I need too, my bmi is about 36.1% and for a HEALTHY pregnancy they generally suggest being around 24% BMI. That would mean i'd have to be under 120 pounds, QUOTE]

hiya, jesspape for this you be right your height would have to be under 4'10. Is this right?

Good luck with the weight loss anyway :)

I also have loads of weight to loose. I'm really unhealthy and it's so hard with the weight loss. My biggest problem is that I feel exhausted all the time and have no energy to do any fitness but I must pull myself together. We are going on holidays to Portugal on the 12th for a week and I've promised myself that I will pull myself together after that. I've bought zumba fitness for the WII as loads of people on here have said they got in shape with that.

You should just start slow so the working out isn't so exhausting... just little walks at first. I find that even though it's hard to get motivated sometimes, I always feel really great afterwards!

^^ I agree with puppymom. Even on days that I completely lack the motivation, if I force myself to exercise I feel amazing afterwards. :thumbup:

Good Evening everyone!

Some news.. I checked my weight and I've lost 4 pounds. It's not much, but for me it's a milestone. I just wanted to share it. :) Thanks for the support.

Brie

I agree, 4 lbs is great! Keep up the good work!

You are definitely not alone on this Brie!! Am also on a pre-pregnancy health drive, stuck in a lull also too!!! Ideally would like to lose around 70lbs but anything lost is a bonus!! Keep going and good luck wit the dietician. x

I haven't been told I need to lose weight before ttc but I want to. I am overweight for my height and for what I'd like myself to be. So since we have to wait to try I figure it's a good chance for me to lose some weight because I think it will increase our chances of conceiving once we can start trying.
Good luck with everything and congrats on losing 4 lbs, that's great! :)

Hi Mummyjessie, I am in the same boat as you. I need to lose about 85lb but i want a baby now!!!

I need to get myself into gear. I am not eating right or exercising so really need a big kick up the bum, which my OH gladly gives me when he tells me that he thinks we'll never have kids cos I'm never gonna lose the weight.

I hear ya on that one.

I have PCOS, making weight loss nearly impossible without resorting to unhealthy and dangerous behaviors. I'm on Metformin (Glucophage) to help with insulin resistance and have been following a low-carb plan given to me by my dietician, as well as walking/jogging 5 days/week. My weight isn't changing a ton, but my body has a bit. Keep up the good work, you'll get there! :)

my OH's mother is a nurse and she said as a women gets older her thyroid levels drop and since the thyroid controls your metabolism it causes it to slow down so a lot of women are taking thyroid pills to help boost their metabolism. anyway best of luck to you. :hugs:

That is shockingly bad (& potentially dangerous) advice, very surprised it came from a nurse! :nope::nope::nope:

No-one should be messing with thyroid medication unless they have a fully diagnosed thyroid problem. The thyroid gland is resonsible for a heck of a lot more than just the metabolism, its 2nd in command to the pituitary gland, and has a role to play in nearly all our bodily functions & systems....really playing with fire to risk causing an intentional thyroid imbalance!:dohh:

I need to lose 4stone to be in a healthy range. I want to have lost 2 and a half before I ttc, in NOvember. I am taking 7lbs at a time though so its not so huge! only started healthy eating last week but have lost my first 2lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"