Weight loss issues, but no medical reason?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
I am currently awaiting test results to find out why I cannot lose weight, and I just wondered if there is anyone else who has had normal thyroid and liver and kidney function tests yet is tired all the time, headaches, absent minded and cannot lose ANY weigt despite being on less than half the calories you need to 'maintain' your weight?

I am currently 17st 7 - I was this weight, and stayed this weight with eating around 2500 cals a day. On the advice of a dietitian cut this to 1600, and this should have prompted a weight loss, but it hasn't - and after 3 weeks I am still 17st 7 and my fat% has gone UP!

I am utterly fed up now :(

** I got my test results back and everything is normal - in fact perfect readings - which is good but it does not offer me an explanation. Doctor has suggested it may be a physical manifestation of a psychological issue. Which is possible given that I have the stress of MIL and then work and then having to sort out home life+child+man child and do everything and the horses and sort money..........yes, it is possible. They can give me Thyroxine to try if I want, but it has a danger of weakening my heart and causing Hyperthyroidism. So I am going to try for a few more weeks and then see how I feel.

I have no advice but I'm in a very similar situation.. I weigh about the same and am eating about the same of calories but gaining weight. :wacko:

I was 17.2 was eating 1800-1600 but key was exercise and plenty of water to shift the weight.
All the best.

Yeah, I know. That is how I lost 6 stone before. I jsut need to find the time to actually fit it in and ge tmore than 6 hours sleep :(. I have already taken to jogging to and from the field at the horses and running up the stairs to the flat. But even on 1600 cals a day there should be a very small weight loss given that daily I was -800 cals, thats -5600 a week, so at least 3-4 lbs by now. But nothing and fat % is still 46% :(.

I was bad last night and had some chicken dippers and it was the first time I woke up with no headache :(. No way I could function on less cals, I am sleepy all the time as it is :(. Its a catch 22 - need to lose weight, to have energy, but need the energy to do the physical activity to lose the weight to get the energy..............ARGH!

I need a big hoover!! Suck it all out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->