Weight Loss Near EDD

PieMistress

Proud and happy Mummy
Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

Has anybody else found they have lost weight towards the end of their pregnancy? I've lost 3lbs over the past 3 weeks (diet and exercise levels have remained the same) with 1.5lbs of this being over the last week.

I did read (google!) that seemingly your metabolic rate increases as you approach your due date as your body prepares for labour ?? Anybody else heard this (or lost weight?)

Ive not heard that but i do feel smaller.. Like my face and stuff, I have totally lost my appetite but it would make sense that your body is gearing up for childbirth by speeding it up! I did get told people loose weight in the last few weeks! Gotta be a good thing tho! :D

I dont think its uncommon..baby is putting on a lot of weight just before your due date so its not surprising you may loose some.

I havent put any on I dont think but then I havent been checking to be honest.

I got on the scales the other day and it seems I've only put on 6kgs in the entire pregnancy!! HTF I've done that I do not know!

6kgs! Wow, that's about a stone isn't it? I've put on nearly 2.5 stone!

i lost about 4/5 pounds last week but i have been poorly, im guessing its not too rare a thing now, i was worrying a little!!

I've been scoffing choccie biscuits though...mind you I cant manage big meals and have been taht way for weeks now so I guess I'm just not eating as much as I used to.

Baby is mesuring fine and was estimated to be 2.4kg at 36 weeks so all is well.

I reckon I'll turn into a bloody bloater while I BF...my stomach will have room again and it'll want filling...all of the time!

I'm not that close to my due date but I've lost 3 lbs in 3 wks as of my last appointment. :shrug: I was shocked as my eating hasn't changed much. My doc wasn't too happy about it and asked if I'm eating enough. I actually thought I was eating too much. :blush:

i dont get weighed at all... weird how some people get weighed at every appt and some dont heir whole rpegnancy!

I think theres far too much worrying about weight in pg...unless you put on loads and loads or loose loads and loads so long as you and baby are healthy and baby is growing then we shouldnt worry so much.

i dont get weighed at all... weird how some people get weighed at every appt and some dont heir whole rpegnancy!

I got weighed at 8 weeks and havent been weighed since but we do have scales at home.

My MW's don't seem to care how much I weigh, my BMI was ok at 8 wks and thats all they were interested in.

I've been weighed twice at the Midwife (booking in appt and then 34w appt) but have been weighing myself weekly at home. COME ON BABY!

I've lost 4 pounds these last weeks and i really don't know why, the only thing i can think of is i've finished work so not eating as much for my lunch as not doing very much at all lol x

i stopped putting weight on from when i was 36 weeks, my midwife basically said what u said, that your metabolic rate increases as you approach your due date as your body prepares for labour, im so shocked as ive been eating like a trooper! lol

I lost a pound 2 weeks ago and this week I didn't gain anything. It happens, it's ok for me cause I'm overweight to begin with (was 215lbs to start with), I've only gained 14 lbs the whole time but I haven't really watched what I ate at all. Everyone's different and gains differently.

I've read that the weight loss is usually a result of the baby taking up so much more space in the body so that there is less space for the stomach and women tend to feel 'full' on less food. From what I understand, It's not an issue as you might be losing weight but the baby won't be!

Re: weighing

My midwife weighs me at every appointment and I kind of hate it, even though I'm still in the 'normal weight gain' range for my height/pre-pregnancy weight- It really bothers me to have my hubby hear my weight at each appointment. Silly, I know. He keeps telling me I'm being silly for being embarassed as he's a rather big man (320 lbs.) so he'd hardly be judging me for putting on pregnancy weight. Still, it bothers me for some reason!

I haven't weighed myself once since i've been pregnant because i know if i saw how much i had put on i'd obsess over it- however i can definitely tell that i have lost weight over the past few weeks. I think it's mainly because i can only manage smaller portions now there's so little room in my belly- and my appetite has decreased so much i have to keep telling myself i need to be eating! My midwife says that it's perfectly normal :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"