weight loss on zoloft/sertraline...poss triggering old eating disorder

_simo_

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was diagnosed with pnd and anxiety a few days ago :( been having panic attacks. When breastfeeding too, for no reason i am aware of. Since starting the tablets three days ago, i feel a sense of calm, I'm not panicking, my pupils are noticibly dilated and I have lost a kilo a day, which is a side effect. I am kind of pleased at the amount im losing having had eating disorders in the past. I love the fact i dont get hungry and my tummy is flat afyer only three weeks. I just feel so empty and light. Anyone else had this on these tablets? X

Hi, I was on sertraline (zoloft)up until getting pregnant, have also had ED's in the past (and, if im honest, didn't really start making a conscious effort to eat better until I got that positive test)....Anyway, I found sertraline helped with my more bulimic symptoms, which in turn exacerbated my anorexic symptoms for a bit (i bounced back and forth between the two for about 1 years) but after a month or two that effect on appetite seemed to die down again. So it might be temporary, but then everyone's different, and if you're struggling with these thoughts and ever need to chat or just let of steam feel free to PM (or FB if you prefer) I don't mind at all x
Try to take care though, lack of appetite and ED symptoms have a knock-on effect on your mental state remember....making these babies even harder to cope with!

I've noticed this too. I dont crave any foods like I used to. This is my 6th day on the pill and I feel a sense of calm also. This is weird but when you yawn do you feel tingly in your thighs or legs? I get it every time.
It's really helping though I havent had a crying spell at all. I was so down and felt like such a bad mother.
Anyway I dont mind the extra weight loss so far :)

I started zoloft over a week ago and have noticed a decrease in appetite, not major but definitely a decrease. I have a history of bulimia and anorexia and agree with another a poster that it seems to help the bulimia tendencies but can see how it can be triggering to anorexic tendencies. THe medication has helped a lot though. I was having horrible panic attacks the first week after I gave birth that I was going days without eating because i was so anxious so the medication has actually helped me eat more because I'm relaxed. I'm also breast feeding so am glad I'm eating pretty healthy in comparison to how i was a week ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->