Weight loss while WTT

kksy9b

Loving my 2 boys and baby girl!
Reaction score
Hi gals! Was hoping to start a support group for us ladies who are trying to lose weight and get healthy while we count down to TTC!

Please feel free to introduce yourself, share any tips you find and we can help encourage each other on!

My name is Kaity. After my son was born I weighed in at 221. I lost the 16 lbs of baby weight by 6 months pp (juat from breastfeeding) and was back at 205. This was October of last year. We moved in March and from March-June lost 15 by having stairs to climb and a toddler lol. In June of this year I got serious about it. I started calorie counting and walking. In July I started training for a 5k, which I ran a few weeks ago (went from only being able to run .15 of a mile at a time to 3 miles in 2.5 months using a free app). Right now I am going through the bikini body mommy challenge on YouTube. Food wise, I try to stick to 1000-1200 calories a day (tracking through my fitness pal) and eat low calorie, low sodium, low sugar food.

In total, I am now down 59 pounds! Still have anywhere from 7-17 to go.

We have about 6 months left until we start TTC. I really want to be the best and healthiest me that I can for this next baby.

I wanna join!! First congrats on your weight loss 😄

My name is Brittany. I started getting serious with getting healthy about two months ago. I started at 193 and am now down to 183. I've been training for a 5k as well which I will run next weekend. I've been using the c25k app and it has been amazing. I also use my fitness pal. I'm a very picky eater so I tend to just kee my breakfast and lunch minimal and then eat a good dinner. Usually I'll do like yogurt or fruit something simple for breakfast. Since I started working out I feel so much better. Ideally I would love to lose another 10lbs or so but I'm more focusing on just being active and healthy. We are a long ways off from ttc again but working out helps give me something to focus on 😄

Hi Brittany! Congrats on your weight loss and 5k training!! I used the c25k app as well, thought it was an awesome trainer! Best of luck with your race!! Will this be your first or have you ran them before?

It's my first 😄 I'm hoping it goes well cause there's another I really would like to do in December!

You will do great I am sure!

I ran my first in 30.06, which was by far my best time. The adrenaline of the race really pushes you!

I'm training for a 10k in December but am too chicken to sign up for it yet lol

Hi my name is Tara and I've lost 50 lbs since September 2011!! :happydance: I went down to 125 lbs from 175!! :thumbup: Not only did I change my eating habits I also became active.Joining Goodlife Fitness has also really helped me lose weight so it could be helpful for other people too who are trying to lose weight or stay healthy.

Thanks for sharing the tip Tara! Is Goodlife a gym or a specific training program? What did/do you like best about it? It is an amazing accomplishment to lose that much and you should be proud that you lost it and have maintained it off!

Goodlife is the name of the gym and I usually work out on my own.There are a lot of classes offered but it's not my thing.The least thing I like about the gym is that when some women are done using their lockers they leave the doors open.Also,some grunt when they work out which is a bit awkward to hear. :haha:

The most I like about it is that the co-ed workout area is very big so there's tons of room for everyone to work out unless the gym is really busy.Plus it's open 24 hours Monday-Friday but I go in the morning around 8:30 on Tuesday's and Thursday's when isn't very busy.It does start to get busy after 9am this morning it was busy before I left.

Another reason that I really like going to the gym is that my arm muscles have gotten bigger from working out especially my left bicep.In the spring I started using machines that specifically work on your biceps/triceps and the most I can lift is around 23 lbs using these machines.When I do the fit fix which is a group of machines that work on different muscles in your body I can lift 55 lbs while sitting.I doubt I could do that when standing because I have to sit while using that machine.

Hi all, hope I can join in!

Congrats on all your weight loss so far :D

I'm Shelley and just joined up today - we are going to start trying in January. Originally we were thinking of starting in August, mainly because of me wanting to lose some weight first (I'm a good 20kg (44 pounds) over my ideal weight) but as I am 32 and my OH is 34 we didn't want to delay it that much.

Over the last 6 months I've been slowly trying to build healthier habits (emotional eater anyone?!) so planning on going hard from now until January at least and build the healthiest body I can for hopeful pregnancy!

I just started doing c25k last week too Brittany ( I have done it years ago and it worked well) with the goal to do some 5k races too. Good luck for yours!

My main problem is actually getting out of the house to do workouts because pushing snooze is the easier option so my first goal is to become a morning exerciser :)

Last Thursday I was tempted to stay home from the gym but now I'm sooooo glad I went! :thumbup: I'm so used to getting up early on Tuesday's and Thursday's to work out.

Hi Shelley! I am definitely an emotional eater and an "eat when you're bored" kind of person. The key is to make those healthy lifestyle changes in your eating but also making sure you have another outlet when things get overwhelming. Best of luck with the c25k...it definitely worked for me! Do you have a specific 5k you can sign up for now to help motivate you to push out the door? It's always a good motivator when money has been paid :)

Tara- well done on getting out to the gym!

AFM, I started a new week of my fitness challenge last night. My foot finally had a completely pain free day so I'm hoping that on our next cardio day (Saturday) I will be able to get out and run (goal is 5 miles). This weekend we have a wedding we are attending so I'm not even bothering tracking my calories, lol. But it's the first date night we have had since last December and the first time we will be leaving our DS overnight. So I'm not going to worry too much about it.

Hope everyone is doing well in their journeys this week!

That's true kksy9b, just need to work out what the other outlet could be!

I have bootcamp tomorrow morning, and aside from one run this week thats all I've done (messed up cycle, late and feeling awful so I was slack!).

Bit worried about doing bootcamp because everytime I do it, later that day I get a horrible near-migraine and I have to sleep it off! I make sure I'm well hydrated so either I still need more water or I don't know whats going on there.

I'll have to start looking for a 5k to join! They have a few in December but thats Summer here and I may melt away ;)

Enjoy your wedding / date night!

I always have water with me when I work out.

Been doing horrible on exercise this week. My 4 year old came down with a stomach bug and spent two days throwing up. Hoping to get back at it next week!

Well i didnt get a headache after bootcamp yesterday! Im putting it down to taking ibroprufen and having an electrolite drink, will try without the igroprofen next week :) doesnt happen after any other workout so must just be really pushing it.

Finally headed to the gym for the first time in a week. Between dd1 being sick and work I haven't been able to go so I'm pretty excited 😄 Only 4 days to go till my first 5k

I was tempted this morning to go back to bed when my alarm went off but I went to the gym. :thumbup: I knew I would regret not going so I'm glad I went!!

Haven't got to the gym yet but my diet has been good! It's always one or the other with me it seems. Busy tonight, but will make a good effort to get up in the morning and go!

I typed out a whole response yesterday, got sidetracked and just now realized I never his submit...sigh.

Proudarmywife- sorry the kiddos have been sick :( its always hard to see your baby hurting and not be able to do much about it. Nicely done on getting to the gym! How are you feeling about your 5k coming up??

Tara- way to go on getting out of bed and exercising! I think it makes the whole day feel more productive when you start with a workout.

Sheece- I at your next woekout you wont need the ibprohen. What kinds of things are you doing in your bootcamp? Well done on sticking to your diet!! It can be really hard to do that some days!

AFM, we had an awesome time at the wedding where I drank a bunch of wine and ate 2 cupcakes..whoops! Gained a pound over the weekend (though AF showed on Sunday so I'm blaming her too lol). Weighed in this morning and back where I was prr-weekend! Hoping I can be down one more pound by the end of the week because that would put me at 60 lbs! Have been back on track eating well this week so that is helping.

On the workout front- I had a sprained foot that took about a month to clear up. It has been feeling good for the last several days so on Monday went out on a run (the last run was a week before and made it less than a mile before my foot gave out). I made it 6 miles!! By far the longest I have ever ran. Pushed myself to the absolute max. By the end my hips were burning and pretty much collapsed and didn't move for an hour. But I am incredibly proud of myself! Gives me hope I will be able to run the 10k in December. Just Wed to keep training! I'm also doing cross training 6 days a week (which is DEFINITELY helping with the running) and this week focuses on arms and I'm a bit nervous about it! Starts tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->