• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Weight, Teething, Feeding?

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
Just a few bits...

Got Caitlyn weighed today and she is 14lb 4oz, double her birth weight!. HV is very pleased and said Caitlyn must have been reading the book as she is following the chart exactly. It was a boost i really needed, feeling down in the pits lately.

Also, she's been rubbing the left side of her head a lot lately. Can't see anything wrong with her ear and see seems generally well. Is this just another sign of teething or is there an underlying problem.

Last one, I've been trying Caitlyn on little bits of food but she really doesn't have the feeding reflex yet, or whatever they do. She knows how to suck but not how to swallow from a spoon. Is this because she is too young or does this mean i will need to try a different way of weaning her? ie, BLW?
I'm not weaning her just yet, just giving her bits here and there for taste. She can eat Rusks but not anything on a spoon, it just doesn't go down. She appears to like the taste but can't swallow it.

I'm clueless.

Thank you,

One Confused First Time Mummy xxx

Still too young. I had the same problem with Caitlyn so apart from rusks we're waiting untill 6m like the HV told me to.

Her rubbing her ear or jaw is a sign of teething max dose this quite often .they also get red cheeks and major drooling lol

as for the food as toria said shes not ready yet .. I tried with max when he was younger and he didnt know what to do lol so i waiting at least a month before trying again .

Oh yeah, my Caitlyn rubs the.. Erm.. *thinks* Right side of her face, and that's where I can see her tooth, so I guess it may have something to do with that.

Is it still OK to give her the odd rusk though? Or should i lay off all together?

Hope i didn't make it sound like i'm feeding her alsorts!

So far she's had 1/4 of a rusk and a taste of baby rice.

I'm not planning on weaning her just under stress from my mum as she fed her children at 3 months and is accusing me off depriving Caitlyn :cry:

Have I done her any harm by giving her these? Am I ok to keep waiting before I feed her anymore?

Do what the hell you want, she's your baby!

You can wait, she isn't ready obviously so she won't mind.

I give Caitlyn a rusk to suck on but nothing else. I told the HV I did this and she said that's fine as they're making so much mess when it's not mixed with milk that they hardly eat any of it!

Theres no harm in her trying things hun ..our mums think the old fashion way but we are the mothers and knows whats best ..Caitlyn gave you a sure sign shes not ready to eat just yet so dont rush it due to pressure form other parents ..u do what you think is right..

I had my friend telling me her baby ate baby rice at 2 weeks ..I responded by saying "good for you" :)

If she likes the rusks I dont see the harm in her chewing or sucking on it as it will develop her mouth skills

is compleatly up to u when u wanna wean just go with it when she ready.

as for rubbing her face sounds like teething jack isdoing this to and i can see his little teeth coming on the bottom front gum xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"