Weight Watchers Vs Slimming World.

lousielou

Mummy
Reaction score
I'm currently 30 weeks pregnant, and have put on an awful lot of weight - coming up to three stone in fact :wacko: I was 10 stone when I got pregnant, which is about a stone heavier than I am when I feel my best, so all in, after the birth I think I'll have around three and a half stone to lose. *gulp*

I'll be breastfeeding my son, and I think both Weight Watchers and Slimming World are OK to do while breastfeeding... but which would you recommend? :flower:

I'm a competent cook, and I tend to plan meals in advance anyway, so that side of it's not really an issue... I'm happy to lose the weight at a sensible rate, but am wondering opinions of the effectiveness of each programme :)

Slimming World is a UK thing, don't know anything about it, but WW is really fantastic. The source of recipes is unlimited and the plan is very reasonable - the amount of women who have maintained**** their weightloss on WW is incredible. That's what is important.

I have done both.
SW is good if you like to eat a lot you can have unlimited pasta on a green day or meat on a red day or you can have a bit of both on an extra easy.
I lost 25lb on Slimming world and I felt great. I was at a group that was getting smaller everyday and the leader was lazy, she never had anything out or cared to help so we stopped going and started a new class but it didnt feel the same so we stopped altogether.

Now I am on my first week on WW but I have done it before. They have just changed their plan so you get a certain amount of points and then you get weekly allowance of 49 to use if you need to.
I have found the portions although a heck of a lot smaller than SW, still filling, I would usually eat loads because it was there whereas when you only make what your stomach can handle you see why I am at the weight I am lol..

I have good things to say about both but I would definitely go with the one that suits you best

I've done both and find SW way easier and more sociable :) You don't need to weigh anything really and you can easily just eat free and superfree foods but it's easy to work out syns too.

I've lost just over 3.5 stone in 20 weeks on WW. I absolutely love it, it suits me down to the ground.

Never tried SW - but I can definately vouch for Weight Watchers x

I lost more weight on WW than SW in a less amount of time but SW is far more sociable as Blah said.
If you want something easy then go with SW.

I lost more weight on WW than SW in a less amount of time but SW is far more sociable as Blah said.

I think I'm going to go with SW, mainly because I have a very... err... 'healthy' appetite (especially when I was breastfeeding!) and I like the idea of being able to eat loads :haha:

Purpledaisy - 3 and a half stone weight loss is great! Well done you! Have you got any before and after photographs? :flower:

I think I'm going to go with SW, mainly because I have a very... err... 'healthy' appetite (especially when I was breastfeeding!) and I like the idea of being able to eat loads :haha:

Purpledaisy - 3 and a half stone weight loss is great! Well done you! Have you got any before and after photographs? :flower:

:rofl: thats why I like SW. You can eat as much potato meat and veg as you want whereas WW is portion sizes. This is my first week of WW and I am determind to shrink my portions so I am gonna stick but :thumbup: for going because either one you will lose weight nice and steadily

Thank you! I feel a bit daft for thinking about it before my son is even here, and I am absolutely kicking myself for being such a guttso this pregnancy in the first place.... I read these stories of women getting back into their pre-pregnancy clothes a couple of weeks after the birth and I think - how the shuddering f*ck did they manage that?? I can see me being stuck in my maternity gear until Christmas unless I am proactive about it now!!

There was a few women on here who were on SW while pregnant and carried on after LO was born so your not daft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->