Weight watchers ... when should i stop ?

fizz63

Reaction score
ive been going to weight watchers since the spring and have lost about a stone and a half. i have just got my bfp this week and i am wondering how long i should carry on going to weight watchers for ? when will i put weight on with the baby ? I dont wont to carry on for too much longer, coz i probably am only about 5 pounds away from goal now anyway but if i dont keep an eye on my weight, i know that i will start putting alot of weight on.

any advice anyone :wacko:

Is it something you can ask about there? Since weight watchers is about healthy eating and portion control it's not like other 'diets' where you might be concerned about continuing for a bit while being pregnant. I'm getting closer to the end of the 1st trimester and I've put on 2 1/2 lbs. I started out on the skinny side though, so you may not see any weight gain at all by the end of the 1st. Some people even lose weight because of MS. Once you enter 2nd trimester you'll want to start eating a bit more, but it's not a ton. I think they say around 300 more calories per day. Good luck!

I think its ok to carry on with weight watchers as long as you tell them your preganant they will sort out your points per day...i know slimming world still allow preg women to carry on with theres.

I found this which should be really helpful for you: https://www.ehow.com/how_5065777_follow-weight-watchers-during-pregnancy.html

I would imagine for legal reasons they wont allow you to follow their programme during pregnancy, but I dont know that for sure.
I think I would attempt to stick to it for first trimester, although when the hormones kick in you might struggle. If you can get the pregnancy of to a healthy start it will give you the impetus you need to avoid gorging in the later stages!!
Im sat here saying that with chocolate all round my mouth. There is no hope for me.

haha twinkletoes ... i can just picture you with a face full of chocolate ... enjoy !!!

thanks for that siety. thats very helpful. i am sure you can carry on with weight watchers while pregnant, at least for the first trimester i should think ... i will have a chat with them in the coming weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->