Weightloss question

BunnyFace

Mummy
Reaction score
I was 8 stone at my first midwife appointment and gained about 1.5 stone during my pregnancy, maybe a little more and once i had LO i was at the top end of the 8's.
Im now 6 stone 12 and however much i eat i cant seem to put on any weight :shrug:

How much weight have you all lost while breastfeeding?

Im quite worried because i just seem to be losing weight and im quite underweight for my height now which surely isnt good for my milk. :shrug:

I lost all my pregnancy weight within the first month and in the last 3 weeks alone I've lost 12 pounds...putting me below my pre-preg weight.

5 weeks PP im already 8lbs below my pre pregnancy weight.

I only gained 13lbs during preg and was 1lb lighter than my pre preg weight the day i had Lo....am now 7st 13 and 7lbs below my book in weight. If you are concerned see gp to rule out overactive thyroid (A close friend of mine had this after giving birth) I always loose alot of weight when breastfeeding and my bmi has been down to 17 with my others....love being able to over eat tho. x x x

Thanks ladies, will mention it to my HV, see if she can shed some light :)
:flower:

This is where I say I hate you all! lol!!!!! :rofl: 15 months on & I'm still not back to my pre-preggy size, although slowly but surely I'm getting there.

All I can suggest is maybe taking a look at what you eat & try to include some 'healthy' fats in there, slow release wholewheat carbs & full fat milk/yogurt etc, and a fair amount of protein... Probably sounds really obvious, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"