• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Weird AF causes

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hey! Sorry for the long winded post...

I have had this happen a few times since my twinnies, and the gyns just give me the old "It takes time for your body to heal, don't worry about it." My last two or three AFs were finally normal. No excessive pain, followed the usual length and pattern. I thought things were getting better. Then I got this weird period...

What is weird about it?
A- I had two days of spotting instead of 1 on 12dpo and 13dpo. 12dpo I only had blood if I inserted tissue into the vaginal cavity a bit and it came out as a pink tinge, nothing on the pad. 13dpo it started making its way to the pad in the afternoon, still pink but not heavy enough to fill a fraction of a panty liner. I have had a fair number of cycles since the twins that had two days of spotting though so not super strange.

B- It was a day late (not unheard of but still weird), so it officially started on 14dpo. I had a LOT of tiny clots as opposed to the giant clots I usually get on the first day.

C - My temp usually drops but stays above coverline while spotting then drops below on CD 1. My BBT on CD 1 it dropped to 98.14 and then CD 2 it fell below cover to 97.58. This has never happened before.

D- It hasn't gotten heavy and seems to be ending. I haven't bled onto my pad all morning and have minimal spotting when I go to the bathroom.

E- I have ZERO cramping. On CD 1, I had excruciating pain but not cramps and they only happened on my right side. The same pain I had with my other weird periods. Yesterday and today I feel perfectly fine. Backache and nausea, but otherwise fine.

I have a pap smear on Wednesday so I was planning on telling the gyn about the reappearance of this bizzaro AF. I'm definitely not pregnant, so just curious how high my level of concern should be/ what kinds of questions should I be asking my gyn. Thanks for making it through this long post/ for any thoughts!

OK, looking at your sig... you've had 4 pregnancies, one that was twins, and no live births? Has your doctor done ANY exploration for the reasons behind this? Hormone level checks? Ultrasound to see if there's a problem with your uterus? Etc?

I agree ^^^ If you've had that many miscarriages I would talk to your doctor about this.. Maybe he can run some tests to be sure there isn't a hormonal imbalance or anything..

Ty, I should probably put it in my sig. Each loss was from a complication not related to my reproductive system. Cysts, contraception, extreme stress/hardship. So in theory all my parts work

Have u had your hormone levels checked? Abnormal periods eg spotting can be progesterone. I only know from when i had a few problems which is why inwant to get mine done. It migt be imbalances from your last loss. I know its not the same butmy hormones were messed up and i couldnt loose weigt after my son forna yr and a half my hormones just woukdnt allow it so maybe it is linked. Id ask her that

Ty! I have had trouble losing my baby pouch. I think I asked them back in Jan to do a progesterone test and they said no, but I will ask again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"