Weird Back/Butt Pain?

PhoenixCT

Reaction score
So I've had sciatic pain before. It's always been this sharp pain that goes from my back down my butt cheek into the back of my thigh on my right side. I lost weight and it went away.

Now, I'm almost 14 weeks pregnant, and I'm getting a weird pain on my left side. Just below the small of my back and just above my butt, kind of where your underwear stops. It's not a sharp sciatic feeling, it's more of a throb. Like soreness. That will appear suddenly depending on how I'm standing.

Anyone else get this? Is it a different kind of sciatic? Or something else?

I have that it's the joint where your sacrum joins the pelvis. I think it's classes as PGP (pelvic girdle pain) mine is worse if i lean back for a long time whilst sitting or stand just on my left leg ( when putting on shoes etc)

Try finding an osteopath if you can. Mine was the only thing that kept me off crutches when I was pregnant.

I have that pain. I injured my SI joint (where your sacrum joins your pelvis) in January shortly after my daughter was born (because I didn't listen when I was told to ease back into exercise), after many months of physio it was about 95% better. I am now 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and ever since I've gotten my BFP the pain has come back with a vengeance. I am terrified it is going to cripple me this pregnancy.

I had a feeling I might have issues. I have a weird anomaly with my hips. They're turned inward. When I was in elementary school and they did screening for scoliosis they sent me to the Dr. Turned out I didn't have scoliosis, but my hips are angled inward pretty severely. Dr said that it might be an issue if I get pregnant, and that many great hurdle jumpers have the defect (which is odd..but I guess I can see that).

I'm guessing the angle of my pelvis doesn't help the SI joint issue at all. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->