Weird cervix - anything to do with MC?

blueeyedgirl1

PALTTTCAL!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I had a MMC in mid-December. I've just finished my first AF and today is CD11. My cervix, however, it acting pretty weird. I've not checked it often since the MC but every time I have, it's felt quite soft & open. At the moment, it's low, quite soft and feels quite open to me. Not what I'd expect at this point in my cycle!

I do believe I ovulated between MMC and first AF (had EWCM for a few days) and I think my cervix did rise around that time, but I didn't really keep track of it, my head's been all over the place.

Has anyone found they had a softer, more open cervix following a loss? I didn't lose naturally, had a laparoscopy & ERPC and I have to admit I don't even know how they removed the RPC - via my vagina (like D&C) or through the laparoscopic tools! I only saw the surgeon briefly about 18 hrs after the procedure and it never occurred to me to ask.

Any input would be hugely appreciated! If this is abnormal, I will go and see my GP.

mine feel very simular! feels petty open to me, ive been worrying too!

i had an ercp and they removed the baby that way, so not sure it maybe its more open from that?

maybe someone else will have more insight

Update: I went to my GP for other reasons and mentioned this this morning. She says it's not uncommon and not to be worried about it. I'm having headaches which are being caused partly by my hormones not being completely back to "normal" yet and the cervix being a bit weird is a good signal that there is still some weird hormonal stuff going on. She did say, however, that it should not impact my ability to conceive this cycle.

Edited to add that important *not* word in front of impact! Oops!!

i wondered if that would be the case, arh, so much for all the sex! :'( nevermind, hopfully it will return to normal soon

Hi Blueeyed girl, they would have removed everything via the vagina, although I suspect your GP has already answered that.
Do you already have children? Most women who have been through labour have a cervix that always feels slightly open. It also opens slightly during AF which may be what you are feeling.

Hi diverdi, thanks for answering!
I haven't had children, it was my first pregnancy. AF finished on CD7, now on CD13 and cervix is still low, soft and open. In fact, it's so low it got in the way during sex last night to the point where OH couldn't get past it without pain (but he's sensitive anyway, it's been an issue and we've even had specially prescribed lube...hehe).
Got pretty upset and tearful last night, just want my body back the way it was and I want to TTC again but obviously that's not going to happen yet. I'm worried about how long my cycles might be now. I don't like the unknown, I don't "do" patience. Just want my baby back!
Sorry, bit low today...:(

Update some months on - my cervix is STILL lower than before. It seems to stay quite soft & open all the time and varies between what I would previously have called "medium" and "low" and has never risen since the MMC to it's previous position when "high".

Have just moved house and need to register with new doctor, but am going to ask them to check it out. Have a feeling I'm not ovulating, either, but this is first cycle using OPKs in a few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->