Weird Cycle after 7 week MC

kmpreston

Reaction score
Hi all

wondering if anyone had had a similar experience to me

I lost my most recent pregnancy at 7 weeks (6+2 by O date) on 14th October. An early scan on 10th October had shown a baby measuring 5 weeks and they were unsure what the outcome would be because of how early. I had betas on Thursday 15th (4000) and Saturday 17th (382) so miscarriage was confirmed.

Anyway I had bleeding for 7 days for the miscarriage which then slowed to spotting and stopped on Friday 23rd.
On Sunday 24th I had all the signs of ovulation, particularly ALL the EWCM and a positive OPK. However, I also had a faintly positive pregnancy test (Pic)0. Bloods on Monday 25th showed HCG at 55.

Tuesday 26th bleeding restarted and it seems to be a normal period now.

so now I have no idea where I stand:
- how has my period arrived less than 2 weeks after a MC started (exactly when it would be due if I hadn’t got pregnant)
- if I did ovulate on Sunday and the egg fertilised (we dtd) then what?! I’ve had a period straight after, can it implant?
- do I assume this is my period and expect to O in 2 weeks, or do I assume this is a continuation of the miscarriage.

so many questions which I really wish I didn’t have to have at the moment. Our bodies are so complex

F4E52DA8-C946-4DCD-BFC4-5106019F5342.jpeg

Hi so sorry for your loss. Didn’t want to read and run but not sure I can give you any answers?

I had a mc at the end of July at 9 weeks (scan showed baby stopped growing at 6 weeks) and I bled on and off for 7 weeks. I had finally got a negative pregnancy test 3 weeks afterwards and I had a second scan to confirm no retained pregnancy products.

It’s taken my body and cycles ages to get back to normal to be honest. My first proper period was 3 weeks after my miscarriage bleeding stopped. That was 28 days ago now so I’m just waiting for AF to show up again because I got a BFN.

Hope you figure out what’s going on soon x

I'm sorry for your loss

Unfortunately mc really messes with your cycle.

I had medical management for a mmc and ovulated 3 weeks later (confirmed on scan) and then got my period 7 days after that. I had retained products though which ment I kept spotting through out and still getting positive tests.

My cycle length settled down after that but 5 periods later has only just gone back to what it used to be.

I hope everything settles down soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->