Weird discharge? Tmi with pics

Kdear95

Reaction score
I got checked out at the ER for discharge and cramps (my ob is out of town).
I was diagnosed with a bad uti. They said my levels were still high and my cervix was closed and didn't have blood on it. The cramps have let up significantly since starting antibiotics for my uti (yay). I thought all was well, but then tonight I started having discharge like this. Is this normal?
I had a mc in June, and remember something similar, but it progressed to heavy brown discharge and bleeding within a day with really bad cramps.
I've had some abdominal discomfort tonight, but nothing severe. I'm so worried. Any input and reassurance would be super..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 16
Didn't want to read and run.
I can't give you any advice, but wanted to wish you luck x

So hard to know… I've been having thick discharge like that but it is light yellow. Could the color be caused by medication? I know when I'm on meds for a uti my pee turns strange colors…

Keep us posted. Try not to worry - I know how hard that can be. I'm sorry for your loss *hugs*

That is the cm I have seen after my periods a few times!! I looked it up once, iirc it has something to do with increase in estrogen. I would still put in a call to the nurse, just for peace of mind.

I would monitor it, but I wouldn't worry too much since they told you that your cervix is sealed. It is possible that they may have irritated your cervix while examining you to make sure everything is ok. This happened to me recently when my doctor did a pap, he told me that I was definitely going to bleed as a result of it, but that my cervix was sealed tight and the baby was well protected so I didn't need to worry. Alternatively, I have had a number of urinary tract infections in my time and if they are bad enough there can be some bleeding from the urethra it is possible that was the source and it just mixed with some cervical mucus. Like I said monitor it but stay calm, it sounds like they checked you out pretty well and have you on the path to recovery.

I would try and not worry also if your urine was dark that could make it looks worse than it is. To me it looks a bit blood stained but it could be the toilet paper?

Just monitor it for a whole. I had lots of spotting and a bit of bleeding in early pregnancy and I saw the heartbeat on the scan last week so it doesn't always mean bad news xx

Omg I so shouldn't have clicked on this thread this morning :sick: :rofl:

Are you pregnant? If so I've had that on and off the whole time so far, with some bleeding and spotting on other days.

UPDATE:
The discharge turned yellow for a bit, and then went back to normal.
I haven't seen a hint of brown in over 24 hours.. It's actually closer to 48 now.
I haven't cramped much since the day I went to the ER.
I guess that's a good sign? My pregnancy symptoms are still really really strong, so I'm staying positive about things. :)
I plan on calling my doctor after the 1st when he gets back into town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->