weird labor inducing myths!

Most of the things to eat are to upset your tummy a little (the same as castor oil) something about pooping gives off signals to your uterus and makes it contract. (That is what I have heard).
Walking on the curb one leg up one leg down - to help rock baby down.
Not only sex for the sperm, but I heard it works better if you digest it :wacko:(now this my husband got excited over).
Also extreme 4wd apparently - so hubby is like you know what we should be doing :winkwink:
Castor oil worked for my baby number 2.
No matter what though nothing will work unless baby is ready.

Ha.. good thing our OH's dont know about the nipple thing!!! Mine are so tender I can barely stand for him to touch them lol

Well i tried sex orgasm birthing ball clary sage evening primrose and walking for 2 and half hours! All in one afternoon and nothing! Given up now lol. X

I've been doing loads of research on this - yes I'm boring and sad! Labour involves three hormones: Oxytocin, Prostglandin and Adrenaline, the former two being good, the latter being bad.

Oxytocin is required to contract the uterus. It's what causes Braxton Hicks and contractions. Nipple stimulation generates oxytocin as it's similar to when the baby is placed on the breast after birth, which triggers oxytocin production to stimulate third stage (the delivery of the placenta.) Orgasms also produce oxytocin.

Prostaglandin is required to prepare the cervix. Sperm contains prostagladin, hence why sex encourages labour.

Other than that, stimulating the cervix helps - hence walking and movement being recommended.

Adrenaline is the third hormone. We produce it under stress and fear situations and it blocks the production of Oxytocin. So the more relaxed you are, the more likely you are to be able to produce Oxytocin and go into labour. A good excuse to put your feet up if ever I hear one! This applis when you're in labour too, in terms of keeping labour going. The more you can keep your stress down, the better labour should progress - easier said than done!!!

This leaflet is really useful and was recommended to me by an NCT antenatal teacher: https://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0NkoS.../INDUCED LABOUR/Prolonged pregnancy women.pdf

Anyway, I'll take my geeky self off now and stop being so boring! Hope it helps? xxx

well if sex helps then im willing to put of the ban but if its an orgasm we need aswell i got no hope with my OH lol

The reason EPO works is that it contains and bunch of prostaglandins, same as sperm and same as the gel they use to induce you. So I don't think it's weird using it at all. With my younger I took it orally and tried it vaginally too because I didn't want to be induced at 40 weeks (GD). At 39 weeks the cervix was very soft and stretchy to 3 cm so I could easily have a sweep and it sent me straight to labor. I'm using it again when the time comes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->